• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is wrong with the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorpwarp

pro-rec'd snfo
Okay folks, as much fun as it's been trying to change each other's minds, I have to go enjoy my Friday night.. (I've held my date up for over an hour now..)

I'll be back to return flames later..

Until then...
no one's saying you can't say God in school, just don't get a kid in trouble if he's atheist and skips the "under God" part in the pledge of Allegiance.

And, what did "Christian in nature" mean before Christ? I know He died for our sins and all, but that doesn't mean society thought it was okay to kill or steal before Christ.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Many people are saying you can't say God in school. They're also saying you can't say gun, Jesus, war, kill, etc.

It's a reference to the Christian basis of morals. You got a better reference?

gorpwarp

pro-rec'd snfo
Ack.. why didn't I log out. But this is too tempting..

Christian basis of morals? Christians didn't invent morals. Well, they did invent some of their own, differing depending on which branch of Christianity you're looking at, but those are the ones that should not be state-mandated. (Which Christian-based morals are you thinking of?)

I would like to call them.. human morals... on the basis of social justice. Or something like that.. it really doesn't need to invoke Christ.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Humans have no inherent social justice. We are animals. Someone has to think this stuff up. If a person was left to their own devices outside of society, you honestly think they'd develop the same morals as say American society? Take a look at morals in the Arab world, or the Asian world. They can be vastly different.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
just so we're on the same page here:

1) No one is going to change anyone's mind, PERIOD.
2) People getting personally offended by anything that's been brought up thus far should click the back button. Flame suits should be on at all times.

I think stem cell research is good. I also think anyone that's qualified to own a gun SHOULD be able to walk around with it (althought I think there should be stricter laws governing who can own one). I think we should get rid of the massive appeals process and waste of money for people on death row. Fry them. Fry them up good. I'll bring the charcoal. I believe in seperation of church and state. BUT, leave god in the pledge, leave it in the money, keep easter and christmas around. let the goddamn commandments stay in the courthouse. more later.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ENSsquid said:
just so we're on the same page here:
I think stem cell research is good. I also think anyone that's qualified to own a gun SHOULD be able to walk around with it (althought I think there should be stricter laws governing who can own one).

Do you know the current qualifications? Not a felon, no record of mental illness, etc. I think that's good enough. It's a constitutional right.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ENSsquid said:
let the goddamn commandments stay in the courthouse.

LOL! HAHHAHA this made me crack up. "goddamn" and "commandments" in the same sentence.

I agree by the way.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Fly Navy said:
Do you know the current qualifications? Not a felon, no record of mental illness, etc. I think that's good enough. It's a constitutional right.

Everyone should own a gun. Not carry it around... in public, police should be the ones providing protection. But everyone has the right to defend their home with force.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
UGH, I leave for a few hours to go BBQ, and the whole thread goes three sheets to the wind

I'm about to be three sheets to the wind after a couple more drinks...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
Everyone should own a gun. Not carry it around... in public, police should be the ones providing protection. But everyone has the right to defend their home with force.

Oh I'm not even TOUCHING this one. If you have that much faith in the police, well........ OK it's your life.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Fly Navy said:
Oh I'm not even TOUCHING this one. If you have that much faith in the police, well........ OK it's your life.

Nah man, but I have faith in my ability to disengage from any situation that is unsafe when I'm awake and alert. I dont think I can roll out of bed and have options if someone is in my house.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Right. I bet you do. Any situation? Never really lived in a dangerous city have you? (this isn't a personal attack).

You have a couple options. Flee, or fight. That's....about it.

While I was in college I had one friend sexually assaulted by a random dude that snuck in her window at night. Another friend was mugged, another was mugged at gun point. They were lucky to get out of it alive, one was sent to the hospital. The sweet part was he refused to be a victim and fought his attacker. Before he was knocked out from behind by the attacker's friend, he was beating the guy's head against the pavement. To this day he's glad he fought.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me clarify my stance. I would try my best to disengage as well. But if put in a corner, I will defend myself. Violently.

Status
Not open for further replies.