• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is wrong with the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Fly Navy said:
Let me clarify my stance. I would try my best to disengage as well. But if put in a corner, I will defend myself. Violently.

I have sympathy... I go to University of MD.... I've had 3 murders on my block this semester.... The native population isn't very hospitable to us college going kids. And I can really see where you would want a gun; so I guess what I am saying is, I know I could handle myself with a weapon, but how do I know someone else can?

In other gun news.... September the assault weapon ban is up. YAY :icon_zbee

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How do you know someone else can? Well, I guess it comes down to, do you believe others are inherently evil or inherently good? I think of it this way, I don't want anyone telling me that I can't own a gun, just because they're scared of them. Therefore, I will not tell a law abiding citizen they can't own one. Law abiding is the key word here. If they've done nothing wrong, why should you restrict them?

Oh I can't wait for the ban to end!!! I have plans to build a 16" AR-15 w/ retractable stock (i.e. M4orgery) to compliment my 20" AR-15.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
alright once again a little late, im a repuplican, but i have to clarify a show on fox news.

Its not Hannity and Colmes,

Its Hannity and Hannity's b**ch.

only 6 more days of the hell hole that is my HS.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Fly Navy said:
Oh I can't wait for the ban to end!!! I have plans to build a 16" AR-15 w/ retractable stock (i.e. M4orgery) to compliment my 20" AR-15.

I hear that. I've got this beautiful M4 I'm going to buy: Brand new, collapsable butt-stock, 40 round mags, 4x scope, bi-pod and a 120rd drum mag that my friend had for his AR-15 from BACK in the day.

I am also buying a Glock 22, .40cal. Such a nice weapon. The problem with the weapons is the ammo isn't cheap. So to rememdy that, I just bought a 22 bolt action rifle and a Walther p-22 semi-auto.

Any recomendations on shotguns? I like the mossberg 590 or 590? combat shotgun. The one the Marines phased out a while ago.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Hell, I'm just trying to get a better deal than $100 for a 17 round mag for my glock. The end of the ban will be nice.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
To tell you the truth, I don't think gorp is that far out there on everything she's said. We all differ in our opinions and I agree with her on some points.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:

to continue the spiraling threadjack...

Honestly, having the real retractable stock isn't worth it IMO. The cheek weld and body position are very awkward with it retracted. I had a shorty A2 style stock on my AR (same length as a retracted M4 one) and it sucked. I installed a post ban 'collapsable' and all is well again. Save for the magazine restrictions, the ban going away is pretty overrated. I have all the things an M4 has and then some. Do you honestly need a bayonet lug? :)

The AR in question

/this topic is more interesting than the original :icon_tong

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
The problem with the weapons is the ammo isn't cheap. So to rememdy that, I just bought a 22 bolt action rifle and a Walther p-22 semi-auto.

5.56 is dirt cheap ... ~$200 for 1000 rds (Federal Q3131/A/XM193 aka surplus M193 ball)
and .40S&W is even cheaper at around $170 for 1k rds. (CCI Blazer)

granted, neither are match grade ammo, but they are more than sufficient for the range or other uses and they won't f-ck up your gun like that wolf crap.

SirVLCIV

I'm a liberal, a 'damn liberal' if you will. I believe stem cell research is good, 'under God' should be gone, gay marriage should be allowed, and I think the death penalty should be severely restricted (not banned).

I have my reasons (although one paragraph isn't long enough to have an in-depth debate, so I won't go into it).

I believe CNN has a left slant in it's OPINION pieces, not its news (news is news is news, they all want the sensational). Fox has a right slant in it's OPINION pieces, etc.

Note how the only people who think Fox isn't right-biased are right-biased? The only people who think CNN isn't left-biased are left-biased? Go figure ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
to continue the spiraling threadjack...

Honestly, having the real retractable stock isn't worth it IMO. The cheek weld and body position are very awkward with it retracted. I had a shorty A2 style stock on my AR (same length as a retracted M4 one) and it sucked. I installed a post ban 'collapsable' and all is well again. Save for the magazine restrictions, the ban going away is pretty overrated. I have all the things an M4 has and then some. Do you honestly need a bayonet lug? :)

The AR in question

/this topic is more interesting than the original :icon_tong
I want the M4 style for pure looks. Why are you shooting with the stock retracted? Shooting with body armor on ;)

That ban going away is overrated? You obviously know about the ban, and you know it's completely useless and was put into effect for emotional reasons. It's a bad bad bad bad bad law and needs to be put down. Why is a 15 round magazine more dangerous than 10 round magazine? How many bayonettings do you see on the streets? A flash suppressor hides the flash from the shooter, not the target. The people that made the law were retarded.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
.223 is dirt cheap ... ~$200 for 1000 rds (Federal Q3131A surplus M193)
and .40S&W is even cheaper at around $170 for 1k rds. (CCI Blazer)

granted, neither are match grade ammo, but they are more than sufficient for the range or other uses and they won't f-ck up your gun like that wolf crap.

$149.50 for 1000 rounds of American Eagle .223 55gr FMJBT

$123 for 1000 rounds of CCI Blazer .40 180gr FMJ

http://www.natchezss.com

I use mostly Winchester Q3131A and Federal XM193 for my 5.56mm needs though, it's military spec. Not much more expensive really.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FlyNavy
you'll get no argument from me that the ban is/was stupid to begin with. Listing a bunch of arbitrary traits and labeling them "evil" is stupid and reactive. The issue I see is those hailing the end of the ban are making too much damn noise about it. If they'd just shutup, no one will notice. It's not the anti-gunners who are making an issue of it going away, it's those who want it gone, and I think that might be a fatal flaw. But again, it's stupid to begin with and didn't really limit anything.

(edit: the shorter stock I originally had was orig. equip on the rifle -- it was a 'tactical entry' model designed for CQB I suppose, thus the shorter buttstock. it wasn't collapsed - it looked just like an A2/A4 buttstock, but it was about 2-3" shorter. pic )

As for ammo, I don't like shooting the American Eagle stuff so much. It seems to shoot a lot dirtier than the XM193/Q3131/A I typically shoot. My guess is it's due to the shorter throat of .223 vs 5.56 and lets a little blowby dirty up the chamber, but that's pure speculation on my part. The prices I posted are from ammoman.com - where I typically go. I looked at the site you posted, but they're out of stock on the XM193 and they price out a little higher (plus ammoman has free shipping).

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
you'll get no argument from me that the ban is/was stupid to begin with. Listing a bunch of arbitrary traits and labeling them "evil" is stupid and reactive. The issue I see is those hailing the end of the ban are making too much damn noise about it. If they'd just shutup, no one will notice. It's not the anti-gunners who are making an issue of it going away, it's those who want it gone, and I think that might be a fatal flaw. But again, it's stupid to begin with and didn't really limit anything.

That's an interesting point to make. Though, you can be damn sure that the ban ending is on the radar of the Brady idiots and Rosie O'Donnell and such. The Whitehouse and Congress has been paying attention too. I don't think a new ban will ever get pass Congress this time, but I'm still crossing my fingers.

squeeze said:
As for ammo, I don't like shooting the American Eagle stuff so much. It seems to shoot a lot dirtier than the XM193/Q3131/A I typically shoot. My guess is it's due to the shorter throat of .223 vs 5.56 and lets a little blowby dirty up the chamber, but that's pure speculation on my part. The prices I posted are from ammoman.com - where I typically go. I looked at the site you posted, but they're out of stock on the XM193 and they price out a little higher (plus ammoman has free shipping).

I just shoot it because it's cheap. Though it does shoot different than the Q3131A and XM193, which are a little hotter, to be in military specifications (duh, you know this, but for anyone listening...). Yeah, ammoman.com has that nice free shipping, that's for sure. Sometimes I can beat out their prices with Natchez though, even with paying for shipping. I use multiple sources for ammo. Both are great distributers.

I got my Curio & Relic FFL a couple weeks ago. I'm holding great restraint by not buying anything yet. It's HARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.