• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VQ Hinge Charged with Espionage

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Dude.

I was being sarcastic to point out how ridiculous that line of reasoning could become.

I'm foreign born with non-citizen parents and I have a TS.

I'm very much in favor of treating people on a case by case basis.

Shit,
My bad...
My sarcasm meter must be broken. Let me cycle the CB and have the IFT drop check it...
Pickle

Pags

N/A
pilot
Dude.

I was being sarcastic to point out how ridiculous that line of reasoning could become.

I'm foreign born with non-citizen parents and I have a TS.

I'm very much in favor of treating people on a case by case basis.
You need to announce to all hands that the sarcasm lamp was lighted when the post was written (every 15 min of course).

Smirnoff

pilot
Son of a bitch. We got guys who can't get a clearance because they have a cousin from England and they let this guy who was born in Taiwan go to Projects. Give me a break. This one had espionage written all over it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Son of a bitch. We got guys who can't get a clearance because they have a cousin from England and they let this guy who was born in Taiwan go to Projects. Give me a break. This one had espionage written all over it.

Can they not get a clearance or is it merely taking longer to investigate? Several folks I know had to wait longer for their backgrounds to get done because they had foreign relatives, including ones in closely allied countries.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Disagree. On a warship, submarine, or squadron, things don't need to be classified to be sensitive.
Concur. Case in point - even the general geographic location of the warship is sensitive. Otherwise, why the heck would we build stealthy ones?

Now, how to deal with that fact is not as clear cut. Can't just exclude nationalities without looking at the whole person concept. A lot of traitorous spies look like Aldrich Ames or Robert Hanssen.

Last edited:

rotorhead1871

UH-1N.....NAS Agana, Guam....circa 1975
pilot
agree....the paranoia needs to run deep till DIS has run all leads to ground...ALL leads, having contractors perform BI's is just INSANE.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Concur. Case in point - even the general geographic location of the warship is sensitive. Otherwise, why the heck would we build stealthy ones?

Now, how to deal with that fact is not as clear cut. Can't just exclude nationalities without looking at the whole person concept. A lot of traitorous spies look like Aldrich Ames or Robert Hanssen.
Shack.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Sherby, does the Navy still hang people from yardarms?
63c37291-3d19-47ef-93ae-79ab23385ef0_screenshot.jpg