• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VQ Hinge Charged with Espionage

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't forget that Kevin Costner also...
  • Spied on U.S. cavalry troops on behalf of the Sioux Nation
  • Blew up a merchant marine ship on behalf of mermen
  • Falsely impersonated a U.S. Postal Service employee
And most recently, a convict implanted with the memories of a dead spy to complete the dead spy's mission.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Good one. Also:
  • Organized, trained, and equipped a domestic terrorist cell and conducted irregular warfare activities against the Sheriff of Nottingham
  • Built a baseball diamond in his cornfield... actually that was pretty cool

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Good one. Also:
  • Organized, trained, and equipped a domestic terrorist cell and conducted irregular warfare activities against the Sheriff of Nottingham

... which basically forced Sheriff Hans Gruber to cancel Christmas in that district for the year 1192.

He also had inexplicably perfect teeth for a supposedly homeless person in medieval England.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
... which basically forced Sheriff Hans Gruber to cancel Christmas in that district for the year 1192.

He also had inexplicably perfect teeth for a supposedly homeless person in medieval England.
No one mentioned what I thought was the obvious one:
  • Harboring an undocumented alien.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Medieval England you say? Perfect teeth are nearly as hard to find in contemporary England.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Did I miss the part of the article that explained why?

Sounds like he had a lot of friends who are/were heavy-hitters and probably don't want the questions that would come with being associated with him.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Pretty normal as a JO in a job with some operational level relevance to work with some of the heavies. It is probably also easy to get them to accept you as a friend on social media. I wouldn't say that equates to real world friendship, and I also wouldn't say that those folks are suddenly in trouble because they gave a random O-4 the time of day, even if he turned out to be a shithead.

exNavyOffRec

Pretty normal as a JO in a job with some operational level relevance to work with some of the heavies. It is probably also easy to get them to accept you as a friend on social media. I wouldn't say that equates to real world friendship, and I also wouldn't say that those folks are suddenly in trouble because they gave a random O-4 the time of day, even if he turned out to be a shithead.

before it was deleted I poked around, yes it is easy to get connections where many of his probably came from, a few I noticed had direct interaction with Lin, whether by design or by coincidence those people are probably happy his profile is gone, of course the bad part is now Lin can't update his info to add "spy for XXXX"

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sounds like he had a lot of friends who are/were heavy-hitters and probably don't want the questions that would come with being associated with him.

What MIDNJAC said already, there were also plenty of folks on there who were his contemporaries and don't want the world to focus in on them and what they do.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Yeah makes sense, maybe saying they were friends was a stretch but it certainly can't look good if you're a CDR or CAPT who endorsed him for something like "leadership", right?