• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Tiara

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Hey, if you don't ask, I won't tell. :eek: ;)

But seriously, what's musaka? :confused:
It's kind of like goat. meat. who's glistening entrails glide over your oily bodies as you frolick in the hah-tub with your luvvah.

kids.:rolleyes:

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
They recently reminded female MIDN going to Ring Dance here they are authorized to wear this
as it is authorized with dinner dress uniforms.

Anyone see one of these bad boys? Mods, feel free to change the folder I'm in if this is in the wrong place.

I doubt anyone will wear it... but I wish someone did just because it looks so... I don't even know how to describe it.

sorry for bring this old thread back to life, but i've searched on the online uniform shop and can't find this tiara. i'd like to buy one just because it's fun/funny. i might even wear it sometime. haha. if there is anything formal i can go to (but my school doesn't use navy uniforms except during summer training it seems) i've wanted one ever since i read this thread earlier this year, but i only recently got a NEX account. but if you search on "tiara" on the navy uniforms site, you get... nothing. nothing found. are there other places online to get navy uniforms? can someone post some URLs for other navy uniform websites? thanks a lot! :)

sickboy

pilot
You get them at the end of 2/C Year... I forget the date, it's some time in May. Like the 12th or 16th or something. Plenty of time to plan. Haven't even looked at what I'll be getting yet, I will in the fall, I think.

Congrats on close to getting yours!

Let the knocking begin!

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
sorry for bring this old thread back to life, but i've searched on the online uniform shop and can't find this tiara. i'd like to buy one just because it's fun/funny. i might even wear it sometime. haha. :)

Fr the sake of the joke effect, most tiaras I've seen were purchased at Toys "R" Us in the Pretty Little Princess section. We used to buy them for female officers when they promoted to O-5 or above, just for fun. Easier to drop $5 for a plastic one than big money on the official Navy one that was made to mil-spec. I've seen several at senior Dining Outs...wouldn't know a real one from the fake. Good for a laff or two if the woman wearing it has a sense of humor.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Fr the sake of the joke effect, most tiaras I've seen were purchased at Toys "R" Us in the Pretty Little Princess section. We used to buy them for female officers when they promoted to O-5 or above, just for fun. Easier to drop $5 for a plastic one than big money on the official Navy one that was made to mil-spec. I've seen several at senior Dining Outs...wouldn't know a real one from the fake. Good for a laff or two if the woman wearing it has a sense of humor.

Then again, not very many people might get the joke with a fake one, especially as a MIDN, and a MIDN 4/C at that...

But I have no clue, our female MIDN were "allowed" to wear that to Ring Dance and offered in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way last year. I don't think anyone took them up on the offer.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Then again, not very many people might get the joke with a fake one, especially as a MIDN, and a MIDN 4/C at that...

But I have no clue, our female MIDN were "allowed" to wear that to Ring Dance and offered in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way last year. I don't think anyone took them up on the offer.

that's probably because no one wanted to be the princess of the ball! (joke, joke :D )

exhelodrvr

pilot
They recently reminded female MIDN going to Ring Dance here they are authorized to wear this
as it is authorized with dinner dress uniforms.

Anyone see one of these bad boys? Mods, feel free to change the folder I'm in if this is in the wrong place.

I doubt anyone will wear it... but I wish someone did just because it looks so... I don't even know how to describe it.

Are you the one who just wrote in to "Dear Abby" about some strange feelings you have been having lately?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Will Ferrell and Rachel Dratsch skits on SNL.

As this thread got resurrected, I re-read that and immediately realized it was those "lo-vha" skits.

And no, I'm not the writer to Dear Abby... but you just admitted to reading her column! :D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, women can get the 44 pennyweight ring. I know a few who did and it looks absolutely ridiculous on their small woman hands.

At least I have big hands......;).......and really huge rings.

I don't care how big your hands are, those rings look ridiculous on anyone's hand. Friggin keydets.......;)

Brunes

pilot
Coast Guard plays a bit more relaxed tune...but my wife rocked a tiara to most of the formals we went to...
Hers was a random antique type one tho...Nothing so AMAZING looking as that Navy Issue head piece.

(She even laughed at it when I showed her)

PS I know Dan...and he doesn't have to tell...it just kinda shows.