• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Tiara

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Ummmmmm, many NATO countries and others around the world use the beret as standard headgear. The Brits come to mind......

Its specifically that beret. The "floppy" ones that you have to shape can look good.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've never actually seen a female wear the beret, and no, I will never buy one.

Tiara, on the other hand, I'd consider buying it for the fun of being "that guy."

Seriously, DanMav, get one of your classmates to do it. It would be hilarious.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Its specifically that beret. The "floppy" ones that you have to shape can look good.

What I was responding too......

In every other country in the world, a beret is the symbol of elite troops. Yet, the Army issues it to everyone to make them feel good.......

I have seen quite a few female officers wear the beret, though usually they were older. Most younger women seem to like the piss cutter.

Trainwreck

Got a little captain in ya?
Why DO we call it a piss cutter??? My DIs at OCS always called it that and I could never figure it out...the most we could come up with was something having to do with the fact that we all looked like penii walking around with shaved heads.... Idunno.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Why DO we call it a piss cutter??? My DIs at OCS always called it that and I could never figure it out...the most we could come up with was something having to do with the fact that we all looked like penii walking around with shaved heads.... Idunno.
Jesus, now I'm gonna start weeping.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ummmmmm, many NATO countries and others around the world use the beret as standard headgear. The Brits come to mind......
OK, so I exaggerated in mid-rant. That thing still looks stupid.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor

Tiara, on the other hand, I'd consider buying it for the fun of being "that guy."

Seriously, DanMav, get one of your classmates to do it. It would be hilarious.

Well I'm only a 3/C, so maybe next year I'll be able to convince a classmate of mine to wear it to our Ring Dance... It would be pretty funny.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Well I'm only a 3/C, so maybe next year I'll be able to convince a classmate of mine to wear it to our Ring Dance... It would be pretty funny.

does the NEX even sell it? i looked around and no other online uniform companies seem to even carry it. it must be so popular that they can't keep any in stock! <-- j/k ;)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I have seen mess dress tiara :) before, always as a joke for dinings out/in... always worth a few laughs.

Redux

Does one expect a salute in that stupid looking thing?:confused: Are they graded in carat according to rank?

Flugelman

Contributor
You DO know what the other, non-politically correct name is, right?

Yeah, I slipped up one morning and asked my wife where mine was (the toddler liked to play with it) and I didn't see her for 2 days... Then, when the swelling in the right eye went down enough... :eek: