• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Tiara

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So did you get fined for wearing it?:D
Once again, reading comprehension is at an all time low on AWs.

No, typical shennanigans during both cases trying to lure out unsuspecting JOs that didn't know the tiara existed so they could get a trip to the grog. Yawn....

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Oh "Garrison Cap?" I suppose I missed the sarcasm in "non-politically" correct comment. Yeah... I definitely knew the name is "Garrison Cap."

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
LOL. no- the alternate names are in the link. follow the link!

Ok, -1 for comprehension on my part. I just read real quickly and didn't see the other names... now I do... never heard a lot of those!

Gratsi!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
They told midshipmen that they could wear that tiera? I thought midshipmen didn't wear headgear with the officers' crest on it. Is there an incredibly obscure section of the uniform shop that carries these monstrosities with midshipmens' anchors?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Well I'm only a 3/C, so maybe next year I'll be able to convince a classmate of mine to wear it to our Ring Dance... It would be pretty funny.

Dan, when do y'all get your rings? We get ours 21 November. I can't wait, I already plopped down the money for 44 pennyweight of bliss.:D

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
They told midshipmen that they could wear that tiera? I thought midshipmen didn't wear headgear with the officers' crest on it. Is there an incredibly obscure section of the uniform shop that carries these monstrosities with midshipmens' anchors?

Apparently... Yeah, they can't wear an officer crest one.

Granted, this one quote is from the "ridiculous item of the week" section of a thing we have called Feedown, but, I'm pretty sure the original (which I can't find) was not under that section:

"b. As reported in the 26 March feeddown, when wearing dinner dress whites, females have the option to wear a tiara. Here is the tiara. "

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Dan, when do y'all get your rings? We get ours 21 November. I can't wait, I already plopped down the money for 44 pennyweight of bliss.:D

You get them at the end of 2/C Year... I forget the date, it's some time in May. Like the 12th or 16th or something. Plenty of time to plan. Haven't even looked at what I'll be getting yet, I will in the fall, I think.

Congrats on close to getting yours!

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c

rings at beginning of 2/c year? that rocks! :D can women only get the small version, or can we get the huge one too?

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
rings at beginning of 2/c year? that rocks! :D can women only get the small version, or can we get the huge one too?

And that's what she said! :eek:

So tell her AllAmerican.... can she have it huge? Can she?!!

Ok, sorry, I'll stop.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
And that's what she said! :eek:

So tell her AllAmerican.... can she have it HUGE? Can she?!!

Ok, sorry, I'll stop.

Yes, women can get the 44 pennyweight ring. I know a few who did and it looks absolutely ridiculous on their small woman hands.

At least I have big hands. . . ;)

rings at beginning of 2/c year? that rocks! :D

Yes, indeed it does. You'll get to see the festivities of Ring Figure in November, you might even get to participate in a few. It's a week full of drunken debauchery, parades, and really huge rings.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot

Are you guys going to the dance together? You can clink your rings together as you walk together as lovers and eat musaka.