• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Tiara

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
They recently reminded female MIDN going to Ring Dance here they are authorized to wear this
as it is authorized with dinner dress uniforms.

Anyone see one of these bad boys? Mods, feel free to change the folder I'm in if this is in the wrong place.

I doubt anyone will wear it... but I wish someone did just because it looks so... I don't even know how to describe it.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Sorry man but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's not authorized for wear by you. No pretty pretty princess fantasy for DanMav :D.

No no, not what I was going for! Just thought it looked so ridiculous, as in I can't believe the Navy has one of these... and like I said, "female MIDN."

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
It's ok, we know what you were really trying to say. A FRIEND wanted to wear it, right?:)

Do us all a favor and convince someone to wear one to ring dance and take lots of pictures. I don't know if I can wait until then...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reminded them? Does someone at USNA have some strange fantasy involving a chick wearing that? That's up there with the beret as the most pointless, waste-of-taxpayer-dollars piece of female uniform attire I've ever seen. In every other country in the world, a beret is the symbol of elite troops. Yet, the Army issues it to everyone to make them feel good, and the Navy issues it to females . . . why? So they can look "cuter?" Sheesh . . .

Anyhow, that thing just looks ridiculous. I can't even come up with a coherent rant for it.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
It almost makes the beret thingy that some women wear in uniform look not completely retarded. Almost... but not quite.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In every other country in the world, a beret is the symbol of elite troops. Yet, the Army issues it to everyone to make them feel good, and the Navy issues it to females . . . why? So they can look "cuter?" Sheesh . . .

Ummmmmm, many NATO countries and others around the world use the beret as standard headgear. The Brits come to mind......

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
They recently reminded female MIDN going to Ring Dance here they are authorized to wear this

i went to your link and it says ADM, CAPT and CMDR. why did they say female MIDN can wear this?

i'd be afraid to wear something like this even if i could. it looks like one of those things which could get you a negative reputation of some sort, even if it is authorized.

haubby

None
Contributor
i went to your link and it says ADM, CAPT and CMDR. why did they say female MIDN can wear this?

Admirals, Captains and Commanders wear fretting on their covers. The same goes for this gem of a uniform item.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor

It's talking about the "scrambled eggs" portion of it for them.

And yeah, it reminded me of that beret thing -- I've seen some female officers around here wear it and I agree, it looks retarded, but this is on a whole new scale.

Just thought I'd pass it on, give a laugh or two.