• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uh-Oh

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
The girl is not "immune",

I was just quoting (loosely) what was printed in The Capital. Unfortunately, I cannot post a link because accessing Capital archived news stories costs money.

and if she chooses to stay she will probably be charged with alcohol related conduct offenses.

Did the Supe brief you on what he would "probably" do if she remains? How can you possibly know this? Or are you saying we should take your intuition over The Capital? I understand that paper is not always the most military friendly, but I find it hard to believe they would print glaring lies in a news story. Their political leanings in the OpEd section are something entirely different.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Sir, I am not trying to look like a know it all, but with out going to in depth a friend of mine was/is in her weapons class this summer. This female told my friend, in the last few days, that she has been told by the COC that she will probably be brought up on conduct charges after the rape trial is over. This is weighing in on her decision on whether to resign.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is not a "rumor" if the girl is talking about it with her friends, and it is not her "past" when it is happening on a regular basis. This girl got around. Alot. And you will just have to take my word for it. It's not a rumor. They brought this up during the case, and as you said "the military court system did its job and he is not guilty of rape.".......

.........Sir, I am not trying to look like a know it all, but with out going to in depth a friend of mine was/is in her weapons class this summer. This female told my friend, in the last few days, that she has been told by the COC that she will probably be brought up on conduct charges after the rape trial is over. This is waying in on her decision on whether to resign.

I would hate to say this but this sounds too much like "my cousins' friend whose brother know this guy who used to go out with this girl who once had class with her". The rumor mill can be a vicious and the only thing you seem to be doing is perpetuating it. I don't know this young lady or what the full story is but I seriously doubt you do either.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I would hate to say this but this sounds too much like "my cousins' friend whose brother know this guy who used to go out with this girl who once had class with her". The rumor mill can be a vicious and the only thing you seem to be doing is perpetuating it. I don't know this young lady or what the full story is but I seriously doubt you do either.

This is going much farther than it has to. The degree of seperation is not what you think it is, and as I said before I did not want to go in to the specifics. I do not know what the full story is, and there are probably only two people on this planet that do. That being said, the friend in her weapons class lived next door to me plebe year. She has been friends with the girl even before the academy. I can say with certainty that other people were fried from this situation and it will not only be Lamar. I was on the football team and I have two friends on the team that are on restriction for it. Sh!t sandwiches have been served to others. That is probably why I am trying to show "the other side". My friends are paying a pretty significant price over drinking in the hall. Did they deserve what they got? Sure they probably did, but they incriminated themselves by testifieing in a court marshal that should have never taken place. So do I feel like this girl should get what she deserves? I sure as hell do.

There is a lot of bad press around the service academy's about rape and sexual harassment. It is plastered all over the place when it is true, and the perpetrators are crucified. When its not true it just fades in to oblivion and no one hears anything more about it. I don't think that is right.

You can believe the information I have given or you can choose not to. Thats fine if you think I am blowing smoke in the wind. After all everything written on here is a rumor right? Airwarriors is not an "official source", its gouge and sometimes you get bum gouge.

V/r,
xmid

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is going much farther than it has to. The degree of seperation is not what you think it is, and as I said before I did not want to go in to the specifics. I do not know what the full story is, and there are probably only two people on this planet that do. That being said, the friend in her weapons class lived next door to me plebe year. She has been friends with the girl even before the academy. I can say with certainty that other people were fried from this situation and it will not only be Lamar. I was on the football team and I have two friends on the team that are on restriction for it. Sh!t sandwiches have been served to others. That is probably why I am trying to show "the other side". My friends are paying a pretty significant price over something that I believe was not justified. Did they deserve what they got? Sure they probably did, but they incriminated themselves by testifieing in a court marshal that should have never taken place. So do I feel like this girl should get what she deserves? I sure as hell do.

There is a lot of bad press around the service academy's about rape and sexual harassment. It is plastered all over the place when it is true, and the perpetrators are crucified. When its not true it just fades in to oblivion and no one hears anything more about it. I don't think that is right.

You can believe the information I have given or you can choose not to. Thats fine if you think I am blowing smoke in the wind. After all everything written on here is a rumor right? Airwarriors is not an "official source", its gouge and sometimes you get bum gouge.

V/r,
xmid

With what you said above I think you are too close to the situation arguably a bit biased. Maybe you shouldn't be talking about it at all on the board.

By the way, what you mentioned about her is the same said in other similar situations. It doesn't add much to the discussion.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You're right, I may be too biased. I will quit posting on this subject.

navychick

I am going to put in my quick .02 before its just way too late...I am in a ROTC program and have been very aware of cases like the ones above being a problem for rotc programs and undoubtabley a big issue at the Academys. It is my feeling that as we are all either about to commission as officers in the military or already are, it is of the utmost importance that we hold ourselves to the highest level of self-respect and hold our shipmates to that same level. Sure, its fun to go out with friends, drink and party in college (and after ;) ), but at the same time you should not be putting yourself in situations that can be harmful/damaging to yourself and others. No doubt that when you down a few drinks, it seems to be somewhat easier to start removing items of clothing at times that you may not had you been sober. Going out and getting trashed with fellow mids/shipmates is fun but can be tricky. Especially when youre the type that gets so damn drunk that you black out and stupid **** happens...just dont put yourself into that situation. DOnt go get blackout drunk and assume everything will be okay tomorrow. I do not feel ( and hope that you all feel this way too) that these are the types of people that i want serving my country and standing beside me as a representative of the US.

Keep a good and clear head on your shoulders and know where to draw the line...
Cheers! :icon_zbee

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hypothetically, the best way to solve this problem would be to remove the females from the service and the academies.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hypothetically, the best way to solve this problem would be to remove the females from the service and the academies.

Yeaahhh, riiigghhht.....okkkaaayyy. That about covers it.

Simple fact, it ain't going to happen. You better watch yourself at VMI though, some of your brother rats are women.....:D

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Yeaahhh, riiigghhht.....okkkaaayyy. That about covers it.

Simple fact, it ain't going to happen. You better watch yourself at VMI though, some of your brother rats are women.....:D

Yes, I know, or at least have been told so. The rumors that there are women here have not been confirmed as of yet. ;)

I was actually trying to play Devil's Advocate. I am sure there are others out there thinking that it would probably just be easier to get rid of the women at the Academies than to deal with all of these scandals. In fact, a few of my Brother Rats(even a few of the females:eek: ) have echoed these sentiments, that VMI was better back when they did not allow women in. Also, a number of the faculty, commandant's staff, and many of the local townsfolk feel the same way, even if they don't express it openly.

I guess I was more interested in the reaction I would get than seriously posing the booting of the womenfolk as a solution to the problem.

navychick

You are really REALLY asking for trouble in your future. If you plan on being a good officer in the Navy, or just a good person in life, you better get rid of all of those thoughts and ideas of women not being allowed in certain situations, schools...whatever. i dont care what you think deep down inside or how you think everyone else feels, learn to empathize with people and realize how necessary it is that you create a society of equality. It wont be long before some female steps into your world and shows you up in every way...we're out there, and ready to outdo you ;)

I know, I get kinda heated on this stuff, but what can I say? I am a female in the Navy...gotta stand up.:icon_mi_1