• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uh-Oh

navychick

I applaude your dedication...keep it up. The navy needs more females that don't take advantage of their lower PRT standards and push themselves to do their best. I personally witnessed a 28 year old female at NSI crank out 142 sit-ups, 58 push-ups, and a 1032 run...It was motivating to say the least. Keep setting the example...

Yut Yut OORAH Semper FI Devildog! :)

thanks FMRAM. NIce to hear something a little more motivating from this thread!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
You're right. I agree completely. I work my a** off to be in great shape and cant stand the same things that you have said above. In fact, I would almost say that it is more mentally draining on a female who is in good shape, does well on her PRT (whether you are looking at the male of female standards) and has to sit and watch the other 3/4 of the females in her battalion or whatever be overweight, not be able to run, do these wimpy puchups and then, AND THEN, complain about the standards being too high. Believe me, I hate it just as much as you.

hmmm....sounds familiar....perhaps I know some of them :icon_wink

...Im ready to play and give you all a run for your money. Cant wait!;)

I'm sure we will all have "big high-heels to fill"

navychick

finally!

hmmm....sounds familiar....perhaps I know some of them :icon_wink

I'm sure we will all have "big high-heels to fill"

I have been WAITING for you to say something in this thread! :D

SO you were actually listening to my speach!;)

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
That's what I like about VMI. One Corps, One Standard. A minimum of 5 pull-ups, 60 sit ups, and a 12:00 1.5 mile run is required, no matter if you're male or female.

The AW :) Lamp is ON and shining brightly.

VMI just changed that on June 30, 2008, and the VMI female cadets all seem to agree it is tragic. all the ones i've spoken to so far seem to feel it is better to fail as a female but keeping one standard for everyone, then to gender norm the standard. since the group it is supposed to benefit is so opposed to gender norming, i just don't really understand why the Institute changed it. :icon_tong

(just the opinion of a vmi pre-strain)

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
VMI just changed that on June 30, 2008, and the VMI female cadets all seem to agree it is tragic. all the ones i've spoken to so far seem to feel it is better to fail as a female but keeping one standard for everyone, then to gender norm the standard. since the group it is supposed to benefit is so opposed to gender norming, i just don't really understand why the Institute changed it. :icon_tong

(just the opinion of a vmi pre-strain)

Politics. It's always about politics and money.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
It's OK for females, they're allowed a two year thread resurection time-frame compared to the males two months. :icon_tong

aha! thread resurection is gender-normed? LOL.

but seriously, don't people prefer resurrecting old threads than creating new threads on the same topics? i thought that was the whole point of the "search is your friend" thing. sorry if i misunderstood.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
^Perfectly allowable to ressurect a thread if you have something to add... such was the case in this one.

I just felt the need to point oout that we are like 2 or 3 weeks shy of two years since this thread was updated.

Cheers, Bubba