• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uh-Oh

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any of your Brother Rats go to the school when it was all-male? If they did then I wouldn't be calling them Brother Rats quite yet if I were you, they might take offense to it since you haven't quite started yet.
Actually, you did it first and he was just following your lead.

Flash said:
You better watch yourself at VMI though, some of your brother rats are women.....:D

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are really REALLY asking for trouble in your future. If you plan on being a good officer in the Navy, or just a good person in life, you better get rid of all of those thoughts and ideas of women not being allowed in certain situations, schools...whatever. i dont care what you think deep down inside or how you think everyone else feels, learn to empathize with people and realize how necessary it is that you create a society of equality. It wont be long before some female steps into your world and shows you up in every way...we're out there, and ready to outdo you ;)

I know, I get kinda heated on this stuff, but what can I say? I am a female in the Navy...gotta stand up.:icon_mi_1
The topic of men and women being equal, social equality, or whatever you want to name it, has come up from time to time on these boards over the years. It's an interesting notion, but one that is not founded upon reality. Men and women are not equal. They are simply variables in the equation of life. Neither gender is more or less than the other, but this does not make them equal. There are some things that women can do, and vice versa.

The reality is, there ARE certain situation, schools, etc that women are NOT allowed. You can acceptace this....or not....but it is reality.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Highlights...

Israel
Israel8.jpg

Israel5.jpg

lookin down that deep throat.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And dont put words in my mouth, you know exactly what I mean by equality...Im talking about males and females getting an equal opportunity.
Men and women have the same opportunity to do just as well on the PRT, yet the required scores for women are historically lower than what is required for men for the same level of fitness. How's that for equality?

navychick

already answered

Men and women have the same opportunity to do just as well on the PRT, yet the required scores for women are historically lower than what is required for men for the same level of fitness. How's that for equality?

Check out what I wrote in the first paragraph of my comment on the page before this...

navychick

haha if only I had any idea of how to even begin to come up with a theory of social equality...just laying out some ideas. Im definitely flawed!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

That's what I like about VMI. One Corps, One Standard. A minimum of 5 pull-ups, 60 sit ups, and a 12:00 1.5 mile run is required, no matter if you're male or female.

The AW :) Lamp is ON and shining brightly.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I used to get a kick out of the O-course they had on hospital point at the boat school. There was a male side and female side. The female side was almost an exact miniature. Guys would have a 10 foot wall, girls a 6... etc.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I used to get a kick out of the O-course they had on hospital point at the boat school. There was a male side and female side. The female side was almost an exact miniature. Guys would have a 10 foot wall, girls a 6... etc.

Huh? That hasn't been around for years.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
You're right. I agree completely. I work my a** off to be in great shape and cant stand the same things that you have said above. In fact, I would almost say that it is more mentally draining on a female who is in good shape, does well on her PRT (whether you are looking at the male of female standards) and has to sit and watch the other 3/4 of the females in her battalion or whatever be overweight, not be able to run, do these wimpy puchups and then, AND THEN, complain about the standards being too high. Believe me, I hate it just as much as you.

Its okay, bust my tail, I have no fleet experience, but I have a pretty good idea of what I am getting into. And maybe I will be one of the 2 or 3 girls that can "keep up" with the guys. I would like to think so...I dont forsee myself being that girl that runs away crying nor do I plan on shocking anyone when I get my wings or whatever it is at the time. Never have been and never will be.

I'm not sure that saying any of this will make any difference what-so-ever in any of your minds, so just know this, I am not a pu**y little girl expecting to get by in the military because I dont have a third leg...Im ready to play and give you all a run for your money. Cant wait!;)

I applaude your dedication...keep it up. The navy needs more females that don't take advantage of their lower PRT standards and push themselves to do their best. I personally witnessed a 28 year old female at NSI crank out 142 sit-ups, 58 push-ups, and a 1032 run...It was motivating to say the least. Keep setting the example...

Yut Yut OORAH Semper FI Devildog! :)