• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomorrow is the Big Day

Jgdisco2

Yea I realized who you were after I wrote that. :). Have you tried to email him? My results aren't out yet but yours should be. I wrote him earlier to check on my medical and he let me know I had been medically cleared.
Funny thing is, I talked to him earlier today as well about some medi al stuff, he didn't say anything about selections, so I just took it as he didn't know anything yet. Hopefully he will give me a call tomorrow with good news

DoubleOswo7

Bull shit really?

For NFO yes, SWO no. Heard from my OR this morning. Good news is SWO added 100 slots bad news results are not in yet. SO hopefully some us made the first cut which was suppose to be small and some of us luckier and made the second cut when they had to go back and pick more.

ABM22

For NFO yes, SWO no. Heard from my OR this morning. Good news is SWO added 100 slots bad news results are not in yet. SO hopefully some us made the first cut which was suppose to be small and some of us luckier and made the second cut when they had to go back and pick more.
It's 100 slots now?!

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Well good luck! Your time will come, and when it does it feels great!

DoubleOswo7

Damn. I wonder why they would add that many.

Edit: I mean, it's awesome, but that is a lot of spots. Something weird is going on.

I mean if you have done some research about the gig (which I'm sure you have) SWO does not have a high retention rate and guys are jumping to other designations etc. They might be hurting for some SWOs

ABM22

I mean if you have done some research about the gig (which I'm sure you have) SWO does not have a high retention rate and guys are jumping to other designations etc. They might be hurting for some SWOs
Oh definitely. Those first 4 years or so as a division officer trying to qual are brutal, but this is highly irregular. If retention really is *the* issue, why is it particularly bad right now when these issues have persisted for years? Something for NavyOffRec to chime in on no doubt.

Tiffany Murphy

Action is the foundational key to all success.
My heart just dropped in my stomach.. I checked my email and I had an email from my OR but it was just him confirming that I have been completely cleared medically and in the system as medically qualified. I was hoping he had results!! :)

ABM22

OR's have been saying SNA/NFO selections will be extremely high and this board was the lowest of the last two. Don't believe everything you hear but good luck!
Excellent point. However, I got the impression that they were still pretty high. Perhaps not compared to the last two but definitely so compared to FY12. It's all relative I guess.

DoubleOswo7

Oh definitely. Those first 4 years or so as a division officer trying to qual are brutal, but this is highly irregular. If retention really is *the* issue, why is it particularly bad right now when these issues have persisted for years? Something for NavyOffRec to chime in on no doubt.

I agree. I was hoping that with such documented feedback that they may have adjusted or corrected the issues perhaps concerning that track. Or only the guys that cry a lot get on here and complain about SWO. I'm thinking maybe a mixed bag.