• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To marry or not to marry...

chasejj

SWO? What is this "SWO" you speak of?
Hahaha I loved that picture! And yes, I WILL heed all of the advice given even though I am a special butterfly. j/k Besides, where is a better place to get info about the military that from actual military officers and enlisted? That is the main reason that I asked and I love getting new opinions/ideas. This site has been a huge help. Thanks!

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Hahaha I loved that picture! And yes, I WILL heed all of the advice given even though I am a special butterfly. j/k Besides, where is a better place to get info about the military that from actual military officers and enlisted? That is the main reason that I asked and I love getting new opinions/ideas. This site has been a huge help. Thanks!

the internet is a great resource for opinions/ideas on "what should I major in", "what kind of car should I get with my USAA loan", "where should I go to get shitfaced every night", and "who should I buy my AWG's from"

getting married is something that you need to decide for yourself.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
You don't say? :)

I think the sentiment of this thread is not to rush into a marriage just because one happens to be going to OCS, deploying, PCS, ect.

haha, I got where that was going

I was leaning toward, the "asking online about marriage is asinine no matter the reason"

MasterBates

shotgun_wedding.jpg

To the original poster however. If you choose not to heed the pages and pages of advice given you, Ive got a ring Ill sell you cheap. ;)

Um, yeah.. Were you at my wedding? That was about it..

MasterBates

Or get married, don't have kids, and buy the ex a porsche and house. And then some.

Or stay single and buy yourself the Porsche. Closest I get to Porsches is driving by the dealership or trying not to drool on HeyJoe's at Tailhook events.

chasejj

SWO? What is this "SWO" you speak of?
I think the best I can do is no kid, and my parent's Solstice when they dont want it anymore...after 10 years...>sigh<

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
So the only reason we WOULD get married (and at a court house at that, no need for a ceremony...) is for insurance, house buying, ect. benefits.

and you bring me to another point...children. We would only want one if we have one at all. What are policies on kids? A year off? A month? or how does that work? Of course, not planning on having one until I'm atleast past 30... just always been curious on this matter of having children while having a career in the Navy. Thanks.

Hey, if all you need is a piece of paper my happy ass is ordained, I'll hook you up for a case of beer...

As far as kids, I only took 4 days off when I had my daughter in advanced, but then again I didn't have to be used as overhead storage for 9 months...

If you guys are common-law anyway and don't really care about the religious/legal aspects, sign a pre-nup and enjoy your extra BAH...

Pickle

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
As far as kids, I only took 4 days off when I had my daughter in advanced, but then again I didn't have to be used as overhead storage for 9 months...

(pickle saying more crap...)

Pickle

He worked VERY hard for those 4 whole days, too... :icon_rage As a spouse, he needs to realize that he's going to take the brunt of everything. From you, from the Navy, from everyone...
...and no, MB, it's not that hard to be a spouse, so don't start that...

Anyway, the only thing that hasn't made me run for the hills, was that I actually DO love Pickle. (I don't like him most days, but DO love him...)

As all the other people on here have said, this is something YOU need to decide...