• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tick tock.. tick tock.

TVal

This was my husband's first time up, so we're pleasantly surprised that he made it! We were trying to think of this as a "practice" round since we've heard that it usually takes a couple of tries. He will be going to BOOST in February. Congratulations to all!!

lenny

I can't still believe it, but today XO informed me about getting selected for pilot option! Congrats to all who made it this time, to whoever did not don't give up and keep going. Also thanks to everyone active on this forum, airwarriors was (and still is) tremendous source of support and motivation. Thanks and see you in the fleet.

brixtonbulldog

FC3atheBainbridge
Question for you. If you don't understand why you're cleaning the p-ways and doing the routine maintenance, then how do you expect to motivate the sailors under your charge when and if you get commissioned?

The first part is correct. But the second half of your statement couldn't be more false. Just something to consider.

I should say that I understand why I do it but I do not like the fact that my role seems to be so small when compared to some of the officers on my ship. I guess the only way I'll be able to motivate those sailors will be to say that I've been there too and it's just something we all have to do.. put in the grunt work at some point. And in regards to the second part of my statement: I could be wrong but that's how I feel about it based on what I've seen so far. I'll keep an open mind.

Ex Rigger

pilot
Officers are in charge of far more responsiblity and in turn rewarded by knowing they've done more to serve this country than most enlisted navy will accomplish their whole careers.
I for one will never feel this way and I have a problem with a person seeking a commissioning program thinking that if they do get that commission someday that they will have accomplished so much more than an E who stayed in for the same time. You think your Chief has served his country?
Obviously you won't get satisfaction from cleaning a p-way but for no reason should anybody think that service as a bluejacket in this Navy is in some way, form, or fashion less important than service as an officer. The enlisted of the Navy should never feel like they are not accomplishing something with their lives. Enlisted men and women ARE the Navy.

NFOKP

Results are out!

I just found the results tonight while browsing some NAVADMINs before bedtime.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess the only way I'll be able to motivate those sailors will be to say that I've been there too and it's just something we all have to do...
That's not good enough and I think you know that. Imagine your Divo, DH, or CO coming up to you while you're doing one of your tasks and says to you, "FC3 Brixton, I know you don't like doing this, but it's just something we have to get done." Sound motivating? Are you a SPY tech or CIWS guy?

LoneSailor

Can someone point me to the official message? I've searched bupers/navadmins and still can't find it. I didn't apply this year, but just curious to see the results.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
Congratulations to all who made it!
Don't worry if you didn't get selected this year, you have a year to get some more hard work recognized and persistence to show next year's board!!
-OC

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
P.S. and BTW,
Anyone considering SUNY Maritime? Or the cross-town schools Molloy or Fordham (for you Nurse Corps options) If not, you might want to take a look at the BAH using the BAH calculator and ZIP code 10465:
https://secureapp2.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/bah.html
Considering it's possible to pair up or find apartments for around $1000 here in the Bronx or out in West Chester, this is all a pretty good deal.
We have a unit with about 120 Midshipmen, about 30 OC's and something to the tune of 8 MECEP's. It's New York City for crying out loud. I'm having a blast here.
There is a downside: The CO decided the AD students would wear uniforms to class (Maritime) in order to be visible amongst the license program cadets on campus. So while we wear our uniforms in a military and respectful fashion, the cadets generally look like ass. It gets annoying, to me at least, to see kids in khaki wearing hats cocked and jackets unzipped with their hands in their pockets and whatnot.

Tuckster

MIF HUNTER
None
Quick question... Has anyone used TA after being selected during the wait for BOOST/NSI? I called the Navy College office and they told me I should be able to, but they didn't seem to confident in thier answer.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Quick question... Has anyone used TA after being selected during the wait for BOOST/NSI? I called the Navy College office and they told me I should be able to, but they didn't seem to confident in thier answer.
Yes, you should be able to. I'm simply using logic here seeing that you're not really an Officer Candidate until you report to BOOST/NSI (which is the beginning of your commissioning program). However, logic does not always play out well in the Navy. If anyone is going to be able to give you the straight scoop, it's the Navy College Office. DO NOT let them off the hook. If they don't know, make them find out, and then do it again with another Navy College Office.

Trust, but verify.