• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tick tock.. tick tock.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
That's a really positive attitude, Nurse. When Oct got close this year, i had the idea of looking to see when last year's NAVADMIN came out, i think it was Nov 3rd. Looks like we're about par for the course. I'm hoping Monday bears some relief, best of luck, all.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
STA-21NURSE said:
My suggestions: relax, explore the possibilities in your mind and enjoy this period of innocence. One way or the other, it ends soon enough.
I think this is what they tell the folks right before they go through SERE.

ETSubGuy

I suppose your all right. But the results didnt come out last year until the $th due to the hurricane postponing the board. Other than that, the past few years, the date has been the 13th of OCT. I guess with more applicants, it will take longer, but 3 weeks? Just agony to know that it is in a stack on a desk, and all it needs is a signature.

STA-21NURSE

As October draws to an end, so do hopes of results this month. Fortunately, early action for most schools is in December, so we have a bit of leeway. I am actually a bit relieved that I can relax for the next couple of weeks without results looming on the immediate horizon.
To lighten the discussion, let’s get to know each other. How about posting your first name, rate, duty station and time in service? It would also be fun to hear why you want to be a Naval Officer.

I will start.
- Josh
- HM2
- Naval School of Health Sciences, Surgical Technologist/Otolaryngology Technician Instructor
- Joined the Navy in Aug 1994.
- I want to be an officer because I am moderately fed-up with the leadership examples set by many of today’s chiefs (no disrespect intended, just an opinion). With so many opportunities to effect positive change, I find the current enlisted khaki community is unwilling to lay their collective buttocks on the line and make a decision. I would rather make a decision and be wrong then stand idly by and make no decision at all. I want my opportunity to make a lasting contribution to junior sailor’s lives. While everyone in the Navy has the opportunity to effect change, an officer has the ability to contribute in a more global capacity. Money? No, I make plenty…. Power? No, regardless of rank the age old adage “power perceived is power achieved” applies…. Respect? No, respect is earned, never granted because of what is on one’s collar.

Stryker

I was born with wings....
-Seth
-MA2
-NSF, Bahrain; Jebel Ali Det. - Dubai, UAE (I know, a mouthful)
-Joined Feb. 02
-Today isnt the right day for me to write this cause I will rant forever... I like the Navy but dont like the way some things are handled. I have a love of aviation and want to do it professionally, as well as carry on some family tradition of Naval officers.

ETSubGuy

I dont know if anyone has noticed, but it the results link on the STA website is not responding. I can only hope that it is being updated today, before the CNO goes on leave. Probably just a malfunction and getting my hopes up. Oh well!

Dustin
ET1
Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard & IMF
Joined in July 1999

I just wanna make it into khakis, one way or another.

STA-21NURSE

-NSF, Bahrain; Jebel Ali Det. - Dubai, UAE (I know, a mouthful)

I am actually a citizen of Dubai, UAE. I was deployed out to the gulf a few years ago. While in port in Dubai, I had a family emergency that required my return to the US. Well, before I could leave the country via the Dubai airport, I had to immigrate INTO the country. Weird, huh?
Is the Seaman Center still arround? I had alot of wild times there... with the British Navy.

Tuckster

MIF HUNTER
None
Hey guys,
My CC just called me and informed me that I got selected for STA-21 SNFO. Has anyone else heard anything?? I havent seen anything with my own eyes, but he said he was looking at the message and it said I got it.

Tuckster

MIF HUNTER
None
I didnt call anyone, they called me. At first I thought it was for some CC stuff because I am a Departmental CC, but then he started asking if I submitted an officer package a while ago. I thought it was the CO who is supposed to tell you, but with the size of my command who knows. Personally I am waiting to see something in message traffic. I thought I would pass this on to see if anyone else heard something.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FC1, I think they're playing a cruel joke on you. I've had my CMC check...nothing yet.

sea81

if you go to bupers online the results were there for me when I logged in and checked, so try that to see!