• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tick tock.. tick tock.

Stryker

I was born with wings....
Crushed

Yes results are out... My last command contacted me to let me know... and no I didnt make it.... Anyone who tells you its still good to get selected as an alternate is full of $#!T....

I also checked on bupers and my results were on there....

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes results are out... My last command contacted me to let me know... and no I didnt make it.... Anyone who tells you its still good to get selected as an alternate is full of $#!T....
Me....selected as 7th alternate for BOOST class of '95. Definitely a good thing to be an alternate, IMHO. But hey, what do I know.

TVal

My husband made it!!!

Got the results from his Captain a few hours ago...picked up for NFO!!!

Tuckster

MIF HUNTER
None
I just checked my bupers online account...NFO select!
Congrats to everyone who made it, and for those who didnt...dont give up!

Core Select

CORE selectee here,

Go Navy, Full Speed Ahead, and Navy for life....

Selectees, I will see you at NSI or BOOST...

Non-Selects, stay focused, increase your value, and prepare to re-apply.

Persistence and determination is paramount to selection. If you want it, don’t give up - we will meet in the Wardroom someday!

taylormd

Non-Selectee Here

Again, Contrats to all the selectees. I was one of the people who didn't get selected, but thats ok. I have other opportunities available. Those who didn't, keep your chins up and try again next year.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Me....selected as 7th alternate for BOOST class of '95. Definitely a good thing to be an alternate, IMHO. But hey, what do I know.
Same, I was an alternate on the old legacy STA that only had 50 selectees per year and here I am. Alternate is good - stop b!tching!

Brett

boost

talked to Dan at sta, said i would be attending boost in Feb. Look foward to meeting you all @ Boost and NSI. For all those who didnt get selected, do not give up, stay motivated.

brixtonbulldog

FC3atheBainbridge
Didn't make the team this year...

Little info for the earlier post..
-Dan
-FC3
-USS Bainbridge, NorVa

I could write pages about why I want to be an officer but I think it boils down to the fact that my personality always forces me to commit myself to achieving max potential, ability and talent. The officer ranks are an accomplishment in my eyes and one I feel more than capable of doing well in so I have become driven to go that way. Also, I would like to leave the Navy really feeling like I've accomplished a great deal for my country and my family and friends and I just don't see getting that kind of feeling from cleaning p-ways and doing routine maintenance checks on equipment that brings me no joy or satisfaction. It may be brash to say this but it's the truth. Officers are in charge of far more responsiblity and in turn rewarded by knowing they've done more to serve this country than most enlisted navy will accomplish their whole careers. Feel free to hate me guys and gals. By the way, for those that made it this year, how many times have you applied before making it???

SAR522

I got selected for the pilot option! Finally 3 years of hard work paid off. Congrats to all who were selected. For those who weren't selected, don't give up. I was in the same situation last year. Hard work always pays off.
Again, congrats to everybody.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Congrats to those that made it, now start trying to get your school aps done.

To those that didn't make it, if it wouldn't mean as much if it was easy, keep at it!

STA-21NURSE

I have already received a conditional acceptance to the school I would like to go to…. But, it requires me to take one more class this spring. I checked the STA-21 website “program start date” link and it says that I am to start NSI in February. I wonder how I am going to pull that off, considering February is in the middle of the semester.
Oh god, now the real stress begins.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, I would like to leave the Navy really feeling like I've accomplished a great deal for my country and my family and friends and I just don't see getting that kind of feeling from cleaning p-ways and doing routine maintenance checks on equipment that brings me no joy or satisfaction.
Question for you. If you don't understand why you're cleaning the p-ways and doing the routine maintenance, then how do you expect to motivate the sailors under your charge when and if you get commissioned?

brixtonbulldog said:
Officers are in charge of far more responsiblity and in turn rewarded by knowing they've done more to serve this country than most enlisted navy will accomplish their whole careers.
The first part is correct. But the second half of your statement couldn't be more false. Just something to consider.