• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

This morning's A-pool idiocy...PT Policy and O vs PO open debate

IRfly

None
And PS a good start for you would be to check your language. Reinforcing your point is more effective if you do so through informed, intelligent words and not through swearing.

This being the Navy and all, I'm going to go with a definite "maybe" on this one...

In all seriousness...

a) If A-poolers really are that screwed up, then why aren't the stucon officers addressing the situation instead of sending PO2?

b) Sometimes internal JOPA discussions get ugly. But at the appearance of any enlisted and/or most O-4s and O-5s, discussion should cease.

c) (My opinion)--Don't let a sailor get in your face and walk over you. The good ones are professional and won't try. The ones who are disrespectful and disrupt good order and discipline need to be addressed IMMEDIATELY.

d) I'd be lucky to get up in front of my wardroom to criticize them, and finish more than a sentence or two. If you're used to everyone politely hearing you out and taking notes on your powerful insights...good luck.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
a) If A-poolers really are that screwed up, then why aren't the stucon officers addressing the situation instead of sending PO2?

He wasn't sent to address the situation, he interjected himself into a conversation that was being led (in some sense) by the STUCON ensigns.

b) Sometimes internal JOPA discussions get ugly. But at the appearance of any enlisted and/or most O-4s and O-5s, discussion should cease.

Nobody knew there were enlisted people present; he must have been listening from the back of the auditorium and once we knew he was there, it was too late to prevent the situation.

c) (My opinion)--Don't let a sailor get in your face and walk over you. The good ones are professional and won't try. The ones who are disrespectful and disrupt good order and discipline need to be addressed IMMEDIATELY.

That's what Jersey did - address the situation immediately.

FlyinRock

Professionalism is what I scream when I'm immeasureably shit-faced.
ROFLMAO
Now if you are a Marine, you'll puke, crawl, and growl like a Marine.
Well thats how we did it in the "Old Corps" ....... <gg>
Semper Fi
Rocky

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
ROFLMAO
Now if you are a Marine, you'll puke, crawl, and growl like a Marine.
Well thats how we did it in the "Old Corps" ....... <gg>
Semper Fi
Rocky

Or a Marine may attempt to land nav from waffle house back to the BOQ, meanwhile at the waffle house, his buddies are wondering wtf happened to him . . . Note: the land nav happened post puke/crawl

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
I think this whole thing is being exaggerated. The one Lt came in and asked us if PT is mandatory. I raised my hand indicating "yes" and so did many others. The Lt said no, it's not, you can DOR. The crowd gave a little chuckle and that was that. A-Pool is saved, not all Ensigns are bag of asses, and the world can continue its normal ways. No one even talks about this in great discussion other than here on the internet. With that, see you tomorrow at PT.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Or a Marine may attempt to land nav from waffle house back to the BOQ, meanwhile at the waffle house, his buddies are wondering wtf happened to him . . . Note: the land nav happened post puke/crawl

Or a Marine, camouflaged as a giant banana (granted it was Halloween), ends up taking a cab to the Waffle House (in Alabama!) without informing his Fireteam Leader who had set up an LP/OP in his parked car and implemented a rest plan.

Wait, what?

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I think this whole thing is being exaggerated. The one Lt came in and asked us if PT is mandatory. I raised my hand indicating "yes" and so did many others. The Lt said no, it's not, you can DOR. The crowd gave a little chuckle and that was that. A-Pool is saved, not all Ensigns are bag of asses, and the world can continue its normal ways. No one even talks about this in great discussion other than here on the internet. With that, see you tomorrow at PT.

What the hell are you talking about?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
What do you mean what am I talking about? I think this whole thing is being way over-discussed.

What the fuck do you mean... what the... THE CHINA MAN IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE. AM2 the other AM2, the one that fucked up. And there is no reason, there is no fucking reason, that he should walk into a JOPA meeting and get all fussy.

AM I wrong, am I wrong.... That JOPA meeting really tied the ensigns together.

Sorry it was just to easy/tempting.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Can we really even call a meeting of us ENS's a "JOPA meeting"? :p

No. Regardless, there shouldn't have been any paygrade beginning with E in the room if you were bitching, criticizing, or even debating the current policy. It sounds like he made a mistake and his pride got hurt a little bit. Schools command is a weird place with a funky dynamic between O's and E's. He'll get over it, probably already has.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Can we really even call a meeting of us ENS's a "JOPA meeting"? :p

I think Bevo was the first to characterize what occurred as being similar to a JOPA meeting. Not that it was, but rather that it had many of the same characteristics.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
i-like-where-this-thread-is-going.jpg