• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Russians are keeping a lid on the Arctic Sea "investigation"

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
No...please...don't... :D FWIW, your participation in this thread has been most entertaining. I have no idea what Litvenenko has to do with this story, but I'll certainly acknowledge whatever truth emerges from this. When you find your smoking gun, you just let me know.

Brett

Let me help: everytime the Russian government speaks, it lies. They are incapable of providing an entirely truthful report on anything that occurs within their country. They will lie even when the truth might be more interesting. They are lying about the role & voyage of the "Arctic Sea", and I am flabbergasted a uniformed Naval officer of the United States is giving them the benefit of the doubt. That is what I believe. The gun thingy will come later.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me help: everytime the Russian government speaks, it lies. They are incapable of providing an entirely truthful report on anything that occurs within their country. They will lie even when the truth might be more interesting. They are lying about the role & voyage of the "Arctic Sea", and I am flabbergasted a uniformed Naval officer of the United States is giving them the benefit of the doubt. That is what I believe. The gun thingy will come later.

If you think about that real hard, you might figure out why I think the way I do. ;)

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What would it take for you to believe there's an international arms story underlying this "hijacking"?

Proof, of which there is not even one shred of right now.

We don't know exactly what arms transaction underlay this story. We can be damn sure it's not about a shipment of timber and a failed ransom attempt by Estonian nee'r do wells. It's starting to sound as if you have a financial interest in this story never coming out.

How can you?

Maybe because we know better. ;)

Another hit against the whole 'missiles at sea', why didn't we or anyone else take it down and let the Russians do it?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Arctic Sea ghost ship 'was carrying weapons to Iran'

The Arctic Sea cargo ship that disappeared for almost a month earlier this summer, was carrying weapons to Iran and was being tracked by Mossad, the Israeli security service, according to reports.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-ghost-ship-was-carrying-weapons-to-Iran.html

Got another trash-rumor source on the Arctic Sea story. This one today by the Daily Telegraph in England. Mo smoke, but there can't be any fire here according to our resident experts on international intelligence matters.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Got another trash-rumor source on the Arctic Sea story. This one today by the Daily Telegraph in England. Mo smoke, but there can't be any fire here according to our resident experts on international intelligence matters.

What does this prove? There is no new information in this article. In fact, its a rehash of the exact same information that has been put out in the public domain previously. This is circular reporting which proves nothing.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Another hit against the whole 'missiles at sea', why didn't we or anyone else take it down and let the Russians do it?

That aspect actually has my interest, but not to this story. How often do illegal arms shipments get taken down? I suspect not very often, as Russian arms are global in their reach.
Do we know of all the arms shipments all the time? I suspect we know about most, but that it's not impossible to sneak them by.

Of course, I don't expect real answers to those questions. I just like to ponder. Real strategic information must be fun to have access to :icon_smil

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
:sleep_125 Nothing new, really, but keep at it, old chap! :D

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can we talk about disappearing posts?

It's the conspiracy of U.S. copyright law to supress the truth about Russian arms deals. That, plus my considerable financial interest in keeping this story from being told. :rolleyes:

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'd post an opinion here ... but you know what???

+ or - .... I just don't have a clue about what went down ...