• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Russians are keeping a lid on the Arctic Sea "investigation"

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
It will be interesting to hear what news & rumors come out of this "investigation" by Vladimir Putin & the Boys. A 1,200 ton w/ a crew of 12 & a load of timber, my arse. This should form the basis of another good novel by Joel Rosenberg, Brad Thor or Alex Berenson. Has anyone on this board heard any juicy rumors yet?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
There's a rumor floating around that it was a shipment of nuke warheads headed to Venezuela---and that US special warfare types took care of business.

Highly unlikely, but still way cool.

Fog

None
Contributor
There's a rumor floating around that it was a shipment of nuke warheads headed to Venezuela---and that US special warfare types took care of business.

Highly unlikely, but still way cool.

Hope it's true but can't imagine it happening w/ this administration. Eventually, the real truth will come out - and it should be interesting, at the least.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hope it's true but can't imagine it happening w/ this administration. Eventually, the real truth will come out - and it should be interesting, at the least.

I would hate to rain on the parade but it is probably pretty boring.

Fog

None
Contributor
Flash-O: "Is probably": Is that like a 30% chance of rain?

I'm not in the intelligence bidness, but it stretches credulity that a small ocean freighter in the Baltic or North Sea, carrying a load of timber worth ~ $1.2MM, was boarded by raiders who then attempted to ransom the ship & crew for $1.5MM. Something happened here, and you can bet the ranch that it wasn't about a load of timber. JMHO.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
There was that Russian reporter who claimed to live near the docks where, she claims, this boat surreptitiously had some bulkheads removed. Cargo was loaded under cover of darkness, to disguise it's true identity. She posited it was either nuclear materials or a large weapon system that couldn't be sold through normal channels.

That's as juicy as I got.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash-O: "Is probably": Is that like a 30% chance of rain?

I'm not in the intelligence bidness, but it stretches credulity that a small ocean freighter in the Baltic or North Sea, carrying a load of timber worth ~ $1.2MM, was boarded by raiders who then attempted to ransom the ship & crew for $1.5MM. Something happened here, and you can bet the ranch that it wasn't about a load of timber. JMHO.

Maybe they hijacked the wrong ship, or were drunk when they first thought up this bright idea (they are Russians after all). Just because you are a 'pirate' doesn't mean you are smart, if they were stupid enough to think they could get away with it in the first place they are probably a bunch of dumbasses anyways.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In what way does that contribute to baseless internet speculation?

In the discrediting way, hopefully. All these conspiracy theories are pretty ridiculous, and people (such as the OP) who see "something" where there is most likely nothing are, IMO, of suspect mental capacity. :D

Brett

Fog

None
Contributor
I'm old, increasingly irrelevant but not quite dead yet. I'm also fairly computer-retarded, but if any of you will go to Yahoo News or to Time.com, you'll find news articles that pretty much confirm the Arctic Sea was carrying a weapons load destined for the Mideast. The only questions are (a) what exactly was the cargo, and (b) what exactly happened to the secret cargo? I hope the Israelis engineered this boarding and that the cargo is now on the Atlantic seabed somewhere.

nombrescreeno

Personally if I had to guess as to what military stuff would be sent, I don't think it would be nuclear materials (too big of a fallout from doing so for Russia, and even Russia knows to keep its nuclear stuff in check)

My guess would've been some air defense systems. But these stories tend to end up awfully boring

Fog

None
Contributor
Personally if I had to guess as to what military stuff would be sent, I don't think it would be nuclear materials (too big of a fallout from doing so for Russia, and even Russia knows to keep its nuclear stuff in check)

My guess would've been some air defense systems. But these stories tend to end up awfully boring

Sea stories?! Boring?! Are u a naval officer or in the god-damned Air Force? Boring!!?? Where's Grandpa Pettibones when we need him to kick some ass??!!

Will some computer-literate person pls link the Time or Yahoo story to this board. And then somebody pls tell me it's boring.