• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

petey42

pilot
I rolled the dice several years ago and sent my issued jacket to them for all the modifications that I wanted. Extremely happy with how it turned out. The side pockets are the best. Highly recommend it if you can find the info for them. A quick google search didn't come up with any website I recognized, so it might not be an option anymore. It did take a few weeks for the shipping and turn around, so maybe do it in the Summer if you get it figured out.

bunny_0329

Woppin'
pilot
I know this was asked a few years ago, but… I’m ISO the polartec fleece vest in a size large. I’ve heard they’ve been issued at all phases from primary, to advanced, to the FRS. A friend of mine was able to find one on eBay a while back after we went to Whiting supply (advanced) but were told they don’t order them here.

Any gouge on where to find one that falls within regs? I know polartec still makes the jacket for the general public and some studs have purchased those, but I can’t seem to find the vest anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 7B8E8C49-5049-4F3B-9857-801507ED91F8.png
    7B8E8C49-5049-4F3B-9857-801507ED91F8.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
I know this was asked a few years ago, but… I’m ISO the polartec fleece vest in a size large. I’ve heard they’ve been issued at all phases from primary, to advanced, to the FRS. A friend of mine was able to find one on eBay a while back after we went to Whiting supply (advanced) but were told they don’t order them here.

Any gouge on where to find one that falls within regs? I know polartec still makes the jacket for the general public and some studs have purchased those, but I can’t seem to find the vest anywhere. Thanks in advance!
Someday you will be able to get a size L off the cold arms and still-warm torso of my corpse.

hdr777

pilot

I saved a search on ebay on got notifications when they pop up. The jacket and fleece both show up around once a month

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

I don’t believe these are produced any longer, but I could be wrong. There’s commercial stuff available that is cheaper, but I dare say not as warm!

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
If you're a SNA I'd say don't spend your own money to buy gucci gear that you will probably get issued in the fleet anyways. You run the risk of buying stuff that you may never use again if your future community doesn't "wear" it (i.e. fleece vests/jackets are rarely seen in VFA-land)

The sole exception I've seen to this rule is if you end up buying an upgraded leather jacket or an "old school" nomex green jacket, but either way I'd wait until you're in the fleet.

bunny_0329

Woppin'
pilot
If you're a SNA I'd say don't spend your own money to buy gucci gear that you will probably get issued in the fleet anyways. You run the risk of buying stuff that you may never use again if your future community doesn't "wear" it (i.e. fleece vests/jackets are rarely seen in VFA-land)

The sole exception I've seen to this rule is if you end up buying an upgraded leather jacket or an "old school" nomex green jacket, but either way I'd wait until you're in the fleet.
I definitely see your point! I’m in helo advanced so I don’t have to worry too much about that. I am starting to get exposure to the different communities I may end up in and the fleece vest seems pretty common.

That being said I’m willing to spend a few bucks on the vest if it pops up on eBay or elsewhere but spending $500 for the Massif is definitely not my plan