• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Here are some naval ribbons you can still earn!

MiscavigeBadges4-e1536181005735.jpg

David_Miscavige_Captain2.jpg

SpankenStein

When you're here, your Family.
pilot
Thanks for the input gents, but I think I'm gunna stick with the velco. I where my leather jacket all the time in the winter. I where it during ground turns, flying, and sometimes when doing lawn work. And with velcro, I can quickly switch between current squadron and past squadron patches. @mad dog I really like the American Flag, I probably get one of those. Anyone, besides Tipsy Gypsy sell good patches. Don't worry I'll google it, but if anyone has a preference, I'd like to hear it. I hear what everyone is say about being cool and having the leather patches. I'll probably buy another jacket when I retire, one I can devote to wining and dining. But my current issued leather jacket, shares the same relationship to me as my knee board. It's hard to explain. #NOoneUndertands #LawnWork #Leather

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I love TG too, glad I have their name tag. However, I think I waited a year to get it and the leather ones from wings and things is fairly nice too - several of my friends have theirs.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
From the 'gram and wanted to share, apparently these folks are doing solid leather work in San Dog. Can't vouch for the quality, but they look like they're on track for at least half of the helo population in North Island.

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
Wanted to give this company a shout out: https://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/an6552_bogen.html

My dad got a custom-made AN-6552 for me as a winging gift. True to life replica of the WWII-era Navy leather jackets. I've worn it ever since as my go to leather jacket in and out of uniform. They're definitely pricey, but heirloom-quality. And the owner is a great guy and very easy to work with. I put a TG name tag on it, but beyond that it's clean.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Wanted to give this company a shout out: https://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/an6552_bogen.html

My dad got a custom-made AN-6552 for me as a winging gift. True to life replica of the WWII-era Navy leather jackets. I've worn it ever since as my go to leather jacket in and out of uniform. They're definitely pricey, but heirloom-quality. And the owner is a great guy and very easy to work with. I put a TG name tag on it, but beyond that it's clean.
Thats an awesome winging gift and a great looking coat. Love the red thread.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Any leather jacket type places in Okinawa? Seems like most of the usual places for custom jackets or modifications are in South Korea, but I'm curious if there's anything down south. Only niche place I know if Tigers patch shop, but thats limited to patches only I think.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Any leather jacket type places in Okinawa? Seems like most of the usual places for custom jackets or modifications are in South Korea, but I'm curious if there's anything down south. Only niche place I know if Tigers patch shop, but thats limited to patches only I think.
Tiger Patch was a cool place to check out and did good work. I only wish I had looked for a place to do liberty cuffs on my blues.