• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

Pags

N/A
pilot
so I'm guessing modern would be Russian, farsi, korean, Japanese and mandarin?
il_794xN.1682711902_1cw3.jpg

Also found this for a more recent style:

wavehunter2014

On this Veteran's Day, thank you to those who are currently serving, have served or will serve.

UPDATE: 11/11/20

Hi everyone,

Long time reader/thread skulker/G-1 Jacket Collector, first time poster.

Is there anyone in this thread/community interested in doing a sale or maybe a trade if they own a Size 40 Regular DSCP/DLA Excelled Labeled G-1?

Below is a list of jackets that I have multiple sizes or willing to sell/trade:
  1. NWOT Size 42 Pharr w/ DSCP Label SOLD
  2. NWOT Size 44 Excelled w/DSCP Label SOLD
  3. NWT Size 46 Pharr w/ DSCP Label SOLD
  4. Used but Excellent Condition Size 40 Pharr w/ DSCP Label, however nameplate velcro was removed SOLD
  5. Used but Good Condition Size 40 Excelled No DSCP Label SOLD
  6. Used a couple times Size 40 Excelled, No DSCP Label, however it has the old Excelled + Eagle Label SOLD
  7. NWT Size 46 Excelled w/ DLA Label: PENDING TRADE (Might be available Late-November if person selects one of the other jackets)
  8. NWT Size 42 Excelled w/ DLA Label PENDING TRADE (Might be available Late-November if person selects one of the other jackets)
  9. Used but Excellent Condition Size 42 Excelled w/ DSCP Label PENDING TRADE (Might be available Late-November if person selects one of the other jackets)
  10. Used but Good Condition Size 46 Excelled w/ DSCP Label. Very small moth holes on waistband. PENDING TRADE (Might be available Late-November if person selects one of the other jackets)
  11. I do have a couple DSCP Excelled Size 40's that I MIGHT consider selling (less likely to do a trade on these)
*All waistbands/cuffs/collar are in spectacular condition (no moth holes), except for #10.

I'm testing out doing private sales/trades on here vs. using the 'bay, offerup, etc. My reasons for wanting to do private sales/trades: 1) this community has an appreciation for the jackets and 2) the selling fees on all of those sites get onerous.

Direct message me for details/photos/etc.

Thanks!

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
What are you guys doing or what have you seen others do for second, third squadron patches on leather jackets, weapons school patches, 1K hour patches, etc?

Getting subsequent squadron patches sewn over previous squadron patches on the chest seems pretty standard, but I don't see a lot of dudes wearing school patches, squadron TMS shoulder patches, 1K hour patches, etc.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
What are you guys doing or what have you seen others do for second, third squadron patches on leather jackets, weapons school patches, 1K hour patches, etc?

Getting subsequent squadron patches sewn over previous squadron patches on the chest seems pretty standard, but I don't see a lot of dudes wearing school patches, squadron TMS shoulder patches, 1K hour patches, etc.

I stacked three of my four previous squadron patches on the right chest. I chose not to do one of the squadrons because it was a triangle patch and it didn't look right. Other than that I have an American flag and a WS patch on each shoulder.

I go back and fourth about the stacking. It's starting to look a little cluttered but I guess I already committed. Might as well keep doing it to annoy a chief about how it's not in regulations...

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I stacked three of my four previous squadron patches on the right chest. I chose not to do one of the squadrons because it was a triangle patch and it didn't look right. Other than that I have an American flag and a WS patch on each shoulder.

I go back and fourth about the stacking. It's starting to look a little cluttered but I guess I already committed. Might as well keep doing it to annoy a chief about how it's not in regulations...
Can you please post a pic of your squadron patch stacking?

I’d like to see it since I’m thinking about doing it regarding my original AOCS issued G-1.

Thanks,

mad dog