• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Doesn't MENSA require proper spelling?
Naval aviation sure as hell doesn't. If it weren't for a blanket waiver (not waver) covering homonym misuse and greengrocer apostrophes mistakes (not mistake's) then this would be a much more exclusive club. :p

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Going to claim seniority (AW, rank and age) and forgo a review of this long thread. Need recommendations for a good place to have cuffs and waist band replaced. Since I will be shipping hoping for a place that looks like it will weather the next several weeks of the 'rona economy.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Naval aviation sure as hell doesn't. If it weren't for a blanket waiver (not waver) covering homonym misuse and greengrocer apostrophes mistakes (not mistake's) then this would be a much more exclusive club. :p
Wut is u tri-an to sez here?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Going to claim seniority (AW, rank and age) and forgo a review of this long thread. Need recommendations for a good place to have cuffs and waist band replaced. Since I will be shipping hoping for a place that looks like it will weather the next several weeks of the 'rona economy.
LeatherCareUSA. I had my jacket rehabilitated by them and they did fantastic work. You can find them at leathercareusa.com

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
What kind of progressive lenses did you get?
I have no idea...but I think they’re the same kind of progressive lenses that I’ve had for the past three years.

Also, I didn’t go with the Calvin Klein “smart guy” frames...I elected to keep my old Polo frames and will have the new lenses installed in those. The wife unit thought I looked “stupider” in the Calvin Klein “smart guy” frames.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I have no idea...but I think they’re the same kind of progressive lenses that I’ve had for the past three years.

Also, I didn’t go with the Calvin Klein “smart guy” frames...I elected to keep my old Polo frames and will have the new lenses installed in those. The wife unit thought I looked “stupider” in the Calvin Klein “smart guy” frames.
I'll be curious how progressives work on the flight deck.