• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS The Average OCS Supply Applicant

ichneumonidae

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is alright to post this. Mods, feel to remove if not.

In my spare time I compiled this spreadsheet that outlines all of the application statistics from AirWarriors Supply OCS applicants (both non-prior and active duty) who have posted on the forum since 2014.

I hope to keep this spreadsheet alive for as long as I can, so please feel free to message me if you would like to be added or taken from the list.

Here is a brief summary of the data: As @RUFiO181, @Chop07 and @NavyOffRec have advised countless times before, competitive scores for those selected seem to be in the 55OAR and 3.5GPA range, with Business/Finance/Accounting majors heavily favored. It is a small community so this makes sense. Some have graduate degrees but most do not. Letters of recommendations from active-duty Senior Supply Officers (O6+) seem to be very beneficial to acceptances. No preference seems to be shown for equally qualified non-prior and active serving applicants.

I included, to the best of my ability:
  1. Age
  2. Whether PROREC Y/N
  3. Board Date
  4. Active Duty or Non-Prior Status
  5. Age
  6. OAR Score
  7. Undergraduate Degree Major
  8. Undergrad GPA
  9. Graduate Degree
  10. Graduate GPA
  11. LORs and from who
  12. Leadership Positions/Awards
  13. Notable other stuff (e.g. drug/age waiver? Previous DWI? if provided)
  14. Interviews and from who (Active Dute applicants)
  15. Average Age/GPA/OAR of those accepted and rejected
Here is the google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aKnchxVcP89JOf3vaith5onYwGO5HRGDf8nH-IzZNXA/.

As a major caveat to a sheet like this:
Supply OCS boards ascribe to the 'whole person' concept. In other words, while the GPA, OAR and a STEM/Business-specific major are important for a competitive applicant, there are other components that are also important. I was not able to gather a lot these 'whole person' attributes, especially considering I imagine they vary from board to board and most of us appling to OCS really do not know what was or wasn't important. For example, most people that I contacted about this sheet did not include some of their leadership or extra-curricular positions, or any extenuating (e.g. drug waivers) circumstances they were in. Also, this sheet does not exemplify the true acceptance rate (10-20%, depending on the given board), but rather those who come to this board and in general (IMO) are more prepared for the process.

Again, if, after looking over this file, you see that you are not on the file and would like to be (or vice-versa!), please do not hesitate to PM me with any of the above stats and I will take care of it right away. I PM'd many that I put on here but understand that many no longer check this forum.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post and good luck with all of your applications should you choose to apply to this great community,
Ich

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi Everyone,

In my spare time I compiled this spreadsheet that outlines all of the application statistics from AirWarriors Supply OCS applicants (both non-prior and active duty) who have posted on the forum since 2014.

I hope to keep this spreadsheet alive for as long as I can, so please feel free to message me if you would like to be added or taken from the list.

Here is a brief summary of the data: As @RUFiO181, @Chop07 and @NavyOffRec have advised countless times before, competitive scores for those selected seem to be in the 55OAR and 3.5GPA range, with Business/Finance/Accounting majors heavily favored. It is a small community so this makes sense. Some have graduate degrees but most do not. Letters of recommendations from active-duty Senior Supply Officers (O6+) seem to be very beneficial to acceptances. No preference seems to be shown for equally qualified non-prior and active serving applicants.

1. Age
  2. Whether PROREC Y/N
  3. Board Date
  5. Age
  6. OAR Score
  8. Undergrad GPA
  9. Graduate Degree
  10. Graduate GPA
  11. LORs and from who
Here is the google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aKnchxVcP89JOf3vaith5onYwGO5HRGDf8nH-IzZNXA/.

Supply OCS boards ascribe to the 'whole person' concept. In other words, while the GPA, OAR and a STEM/Business-specific major are important for a competitive applicant, there are other components that are also important. I was not able to gather a lot these 'whole person' attributes, especially considering I imagine they vary from board to board and most of us appling to OCS really do not know what was or wasn't important. For example, most people that I contacted about this sheet did not include some of their leadership or extra-curricular positions, or any extenuating (e.g. drug waivers) circumstances they were in. Also, this sheet does not exemplify the true acceptance rate (10-20%, depending on the given board), but rather those who come to this board and in general (IMO) are more prepared for the process.

Again, if, after looking over this file, you see that you are not on the file and would like to be (or vice-versa!), please do not hesitate to PM me with any of the above stats and I will take care of it right away. I PM'd many that I put on here but understand that many no longer check this forum.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post and good luck with all of your applications should you choose to apply to this great community,
Ich

I appreciate the hard work but this can be more of a distraction and deterrent than actually being helpful.

Some applicants, who feel they are competitive and a “shoe in” and end up a non-select are going to look at that stat sheet and wonder why Joe Smith, etc got selected and why they didn’t. Additionally they might take it out on ORs who likely have nothing to do with it.

Just my two cents. I can have @NavyOffRec chime in.

ichneumonidae

Holy smokes. Thanks for the information! This should be pinned.

Glad to hear it was helpful! GL with your upcoming application.

I appreciate the hard work but this can be more of a distraction and deterrent than actually being helpful.

Some applicants, who feel they are competitive and a “shoe in” and end up a non-select are going to look at that stat sheet and wonder why Joe Smith, etc got selected and why they didn’t. Additionally they might take it out on ORs who likely have nothing to do with it.

This makes complete sense. I like to also think that Supply applicants are similarly quantitatively-minded and understand the caveats of a sheet like this, but it is understandable that this may very well be a situation where too much information is simply too much. Although, I can nevertheless see very highly qualified denied applicants wondering the 'why' of a denial with or without this sheet.

It is nice to see the averages, no matter how small the sample size, seem to align with what you all have said to us in the past. AirWarriors really is an amazing repository of information (even if overwhelming at times). In this way, while redundant, it is cool to see the numbers flesh out IMO!

exNavyOffRec

Stats are interesting, but can indeed be frustrating to those not selected.

In addition only a fraction of applicants find this site, so while the data may be close it isn't entirely accurate.

ichneumonidae

Maybe I should have better emphasized these two points in my post:

1) Cannot predict what a board wants - even if you have the right GPA, major, LORs, some boards are simply more competitive than others and/or there could be something else in your application (legal/financial/moral problems, etc).
2) The sample size of this sheet is very small, biased towards those who seek out this website and not necessarily representative of everyone who applies to OCS.

usagi2080

Also, there are other parts to an officer application other than OAR scores, GPA or major that are normally shown in AirWarrior's signature stats. Recommendation letters and motivational statements can be a huge claim about the applicant's character and integrity. Recommendation letters could come from professors or others who have known the applicant for years or months and left a lasting impression. Seeing an applicant of being less fit or less competitive of being selected as an officer candidate simply by looking at OAR or GPA is inaccurate, especially for the Supply Board that looks at the whole person concept. Although, OAR scores/ GPA/ Majors are main things being shown in AirWarriors, I wouldn't use it as all the factors to gauge the competitiveness of an applicant, or see another applicant as being unfair to be selected simply because they have lower OAR/ GPA scores.

grays357

BigFuerte
Hi Everyone,

1. Age
  2. Whether PROREC Y/N
  3. Board Date
  5. Age
  6. OAR Score
  8. Undergrad GPA
  9. Graduate Degree
  10. Graduate GPA
  11. LORs and from who

Ich
Have you had a chance to update the spreadsheet?

ichneumonidae

Have you had a chance to update the spreadsheet?
Hi Gray, haven't updated for the November board - haven't received any messages from any applicants w/ their info.

Mind you, this spreadsheet lined up with what recruiters on the board have said has been competitive for Supply boards: ~55 OAR, ~3.5 GPA, well rounded background, and a STEM or Business degree. Prior service applicants also usually have interviews from senior SUPPOs.

GL w/ your application and hope you've taken note of the new PA!

abctotheabc

This is absolutely great! Thanks for this. While I understand that this shouldn't necessarily be a guide to what the boards look for in people, it is still interesting to see this information spread out like this. If only there was one for SWO or Intel.

ichneumonidae

Still keeping this up-to-date, so feel free to PM me and I'll populate your stats into the spreadsheet. Happy New Year, everyone!

ichneumonidae

Just updated it based on some info from the most recent November board. As usual, feel free to PM if you would like to add your info in there (whether you were accepted or not). With the way the community changes, it is likely that overtime this will only be as useful as we get updated info! Also, for anyone who is applying or accepted and is curious about how BQC or Supply works as a junior officer, feel free to shoot me a PM and I can guide you in the right direction.

Sandcrab01

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard of a Supply applicant being accepted with a GPA waiver?

I have scanned through the average supply applicant excel file and didn’t see any. I’m just curious to know if it has been done before as I know the GPA is a minimum of 3 and they have added in the required calculus classes.