• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS The Average OCS Supply Applicant

JSaint23

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard of a Supply applicant being accepted with a GPA waiver?

I have scanned through the average supply applicant excel file and didn’t see any. I’m just curious to know if it has been done before as I know the GPA is a minimum of 3 and they have added in the required calculus classes.
Well, I just applied to this most recent board in May and I had both a GPA and an age waiver despite the fact that I'm prior active duty so I guess we'll see and use me as the lab rat lol

exNavyOffRec

Well, I just applied to this most recent board in May and I had both a GPA and an age waiver despite the fact that I'm prior active duty so I guess we'll see and use me as the lab rat lol

Supply is so competitive they often look for any reason to give a Pro-N, with the recent change to the aviation age I would look at SNA or SNFO.

BSchudel

Please allow me to clarify the math requirements for Supply Corps eligibility. The Program Authorization (PA) is in route to reflect this. The minimum math requirements are two college level math classes with a B average or better. When we wrote the PA, the language was for a calculus class with a C or two pre-calc classes with a B average. The term pre-calc was very confusing for recruiters and applicants so we simplified it. Good luck!

BSchudel

Supply is so competitive they often look for any reason to give a Pro-N, with the recent change to the aviation age I would look at SNA or SNFO.
Professional Recommendation rates ebb and flow for all officer communities. In the past the Supply community ratio of applicants vs. available slots caused the board to be quite competitive. This is not the case right now. I encourage everyone to put your package together and apply to the board if you’re interested.

exNavyOffRec

Professional Recommendation rates ebb and flow for all officer communities. In the past the Supply community ratio of applicants vs. available slots caused the board to be quite competitive. This is not the case right now. I encourage everyone to put your package together and apply to the board if you’re interested.

The NRC used to be very good about getting out the selection rates of all the designators, when they did some organizational changes it became spotty at best, I feel that is more due to the communication from NRC down to the the OR's than anything else.

I would say competitive rates due vary but also what is considered competitive from one person to another will vary, I would consider competitive to be anything under 30% selection rate. The boards were quite brutal when the selection rate was running around 20%, if there was a reason to cut an applicant to make the selections easier it happened, that is how SWO became so popular lol.

ichneumonidae

This is great info - thanks!. Nice to see another SO on this board.. only a few of us around.

Triumph_MAC

The board schedule posted on NPC shows the March board will be picking FY21 and FY22 quotas. Would you say that's a good thing given that ideally the board would pick the remaining quotas for FY21 and start to use quotas from FY22?

exNavyOffRec

The board schedule posted on NPC shows the March board will be picking FY21 and FY22 quotas. Would you say that's a good thing given that ideally the board would pick the remaining quotas for FY21 and start to use quotas from FY22?

This is a normal thing, about half the colleges will have graduation in late May or early June, there isn't enough time to get info confirming degree and get them to OCS to be in the current FY so many picked in boards in March and on will be current and next FY

Triumph_MAC

This is a normal thing, about half the colleges will have graduation in late May or early June, there isn't enough time to get info confirming degree and get them to OCS to be in the current FY so many picked in boards in March and on will be current and next FY
Could be a plus for applicants of this board. I believe the current dashboard shows 36 slots remaining for FY21. I may be overly presumptuous here, but I would think the board would pick the remainder of those and then some from FY22?

exNavyOffRec

Could be a plus for applicants of this board. I believe the current dashboard shows 36 slots remaining for FY21. I may be overly presumptuous here, but I would think the board would pick the remainder of those and then some from FY22?

There are many ifs and maybes, when you look back many years there is no advantage at any one board.

That doesn't account for those at OCS who were DQ for say aviation or nuke and were moved into Supply, or that the numbers at board only show 1st and 2nd choice, not 3rd or 4th, chances of a 4th choice getting picked are slim.

It does seem that with many rumors out there that numbers for applicants are lower, so that could be the wild card.