• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The fleet, definitely. But then again flying the -45 wouldn't be bad. I just couldn't stand Kingsville. Then again, I tend to leave Corpus every weekend anyway.

Aren't you in Scottsdale as much/more than you're in Corpus these days? :icon_tong

FLY_USMC

pilot
Everybody went through Advanced with guys who were pretty low performers. Hindsight being sometimes 20/20, I'm willing to bet the selection will be entirely off of grades.....and the only time whether or not you're a good guy or not will come into question will be when that social retard comes through.....you all know who he is...everybody had one. In which case they'll send him E2/C2 just to get him out of their hair, whether he does well or not.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Everybody went through Advanced with guys who were pretty low performers. Hindsight being sometimes 20/20, I'm willing to bet the selection will be entirely off of grades.....and the only time whether or not you're a good guy or not will come into question will be when that social retard comes through.....you all know who he is...everybody had one. In which case they'll send him E2/C2 just to get him out of their hair, whether he does well or not.

You forget that there are E2 and C2 instructors in advanced also. They'd be fighting to not get the social retard into their hair either.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The fleet, definitely. But then again flying the -45 wouldn't be bad. I just couldn't stand Kingsville. Then again, I tend to leave Corpus every weekend anyway.

Become an OIC and you'll change your mind, quickly. Couldn't pay me enough to go back and fly COD's in the fleet.

FreeFallin80

I understand the low performers throughout the program will get the last choice of platforms/locations, but with how the syllabus works, phase I is a majority of instrument events. I don't know which side of the house requires better instrument skills, strike or E2C2, but I would think that would factor in a little bit as opposed to straight nss. That and the quality spread. Just my take on things, but again, I'm asking the questions because I have heard no solid answers. Thanks to everyone who has replied so far, I appreciate the insight

Raptor2216

I understand the low performers throughout the program will get the last choice of platforms/locations, but with how the syllabus works, phase I is a majority of instrument events. I don't know which side of the house requires better instrument skills, strike or E2C2, but I would think that would factor in a little bit as opposed to straight nss. That and the quality spread. Just my take on things, but again, I'm asking the questions because I have heard no solid answers. Thanks to everyone who has replied so far, I appreciate the insight

Just switch to the green team and you won't have to worry about E2/C2.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Just switch to the green team and you won't have to worry about E2/C2.
But you might get stuck in a Herc !!!:eek:

(There goes my happy ass running back to the best kept secret in the Corps ... :D)

FLY_USMC

pilot
I don't know which side of the house requires better instrument skills, strike or E2C2, but I would think that would factor in a little bit as opposed to straight nss.
Nope, it won't factor in at all. How you do, no matter what block in Phase I it is in, will be lumped together into one giant category called "Airborne Situational Awareness"....and the fighter guys will say you gotta have it to do well in Weps and ACM, in which case, refer to my previous post.

Raptor2216

And here I thought the Corps best kept secret was that you all like to play with dolls and talk about your appreciation of your father sea service :D.

Well, I honestly can't say I remember the last time I did this but I do like to remind all my Navy brethren about the E2/C2 selection which is right around the block. Usually they just tell me to F-off but what can I say, I like pouring some salt on the wound. :D

FLY_USMC

pilot
Well, I honestly can't say I remember the last time I did this but I do like to remind all my Navy brethren about the E2/C2 selection which is right around the block. Usually they just tell me to F-off but what can I say, I like pouring some salt on the wound. :D
I wish I was there for that battle......and such an easy one to fall back on:)

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Everybody went through Advanced with guys who were pretty low performers. Hindsight being sometimes 20/20, I'm willing to bet the selection will be entirely off of grades.....
you'd loose that bet ... grades will play a factor, but not all of it. like I said, "tailhook" selection should be similar to the way Marines select airframes, and like that process, if you ain't number 1, you might not get your first choice ... quality spread my friend, an E2 or C2 Skipper at advanced will make sure his community doesn't get screwed.

besides, low grades doesn't mean a person can't go strike, the Corps normally sends the students with low NSS's out of advanced to go fly Hornets ...