• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook?

FreeFallin80

I'm new to this site, but I did do a search before I posted this so I hope to not annoy anyone. I'm curious, how is the tailhook selection working out of advanced? Is it strictly nss based (ie lowest score goes E2/C2) or is there a certain criteria one must meet? Also, is there a set number or trend on how many per class get the e2c2? I know needs of the Navy, I'm just curious what it's been like so far. I have yet to hear anything specific other then student rumors, so I was hoping someone here might be in the know. Thanks for the help

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm new to this site, but I did do a search before I posted this so I hope to not annoy anyone. I'm curious, how is the tailhook selection working out of advanced? Is it strictly nss based (ie lowest score goes E2/C2) or is there a certain criteria one must meet? Also, is there a set number or trend on how many per class get the e2c2? I know needs of the Navy, I'm just curious what it's been like so far. I have yet to hear anything specific other then student rumors, so I was hoping someone here might be in the know. Thanks for the help

Afraid of going E2/C2? :) Be afraid, very afraid.

FreeFallin80

Not afraid at all, just trying to get an handle on how the selection works and what the, I'm assuming selection board(?), is looking at to determine who gets what.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Not afraid at all, just trying to get an handle on how the selection works and what the, I'm assuming selection board(?), is looking at to determine who gets what.

Then why ask? Deal with it if and when you get there.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I also am curious on how the E2/C2 out of tailhook is coming. When does the first class select?

FreeFallin80

Then why ask? Deal with it if and when you get there.

I ask because I don't know, I am pretty close to being there, and I'm on the fence as to which way I would like to go, so I'm trying to find out what I can about the selection process just to gain some SA on the situation.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I also am curious on how the E2/C2 out of tailhook is coming. When does the first class select?

I know the first TH selection is supposed to come up in around August down here, but as for how it works our CO told us a while back he doesn't even know how its gonna work, and I havent heard any updates on it since. I'm sure as it gets closer it will all come out, and as for my class the syllabus hasnt changed, we are all on the strike program so if there is a TH program to be used I dont think it has hit the streets down here yet.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
The first guys in my squadron are still in forms so that leaves them about a month or so out. To my knowledge no one has selected yet and if they have a method for the selection they are keeping that closely guarded. I have taken every chance I have gotten to ask some of the more senior officers about it and the responses have ranged from, "I have no idea how it's going to shake out" to "the instruction just came out, but it is so vague that we can basically do whatever we want" to "it's going to be up to the squadrons to decide". I doubt that helps you any, but thats all I've been told so far. Any Meridian guys have better gouge? I think you guys have classes that are closer to the selection point.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
There is going to be a board to select who goes E2/C2 and who goes Strike. Your Phase 1 grades and instructor input factor into the CO decision. This is from an AOM last week. If you are not in cruise forms right now, you are subject to this board. Have fun.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I'm in the first class in Meridian. We are still about 2 weeks to a month out to completion. Still REALLY vague on how its going down. We have an AOM tomorrow so hopefully we can get some new info on the subject. My understanding is that it is up to the squadron to fill X number of slots and how they do that is up to them, they also may able to wheel and deal with the sister squadron apparently.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There meaning advanced or to the fleet flying COD's?

The fleet, definitely. But then again flying the -45 wouldn't be bad. I just couldn't stand Kingsville. Then again, I tend to leave Corpus every weekend anyway.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
TS dudes that haven’t started TS phase 2 are still “strike” but are subject to the new “T-45 Combined Flight Training Curriculum” … not much difference between TS phase 2 & the new combined strike curriculum Phase 2. Compare MCG's if you want to see the difference.

E2/C2 dudes are going to finish out their curriculum.

Dudes who start "tailhook" will be with the new combined curriculum. After mid-stage bouncing, Squids will select either advanced strike or intermediate E2/C2. Selection will mainly be subjective; a board of IPs basing their decision off of the needs of the Navy, NSS, IP input, gradesheet comments, student’s desires, etc. Marines already do this with Harrier/Hornet/Prowler selection.