• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board May 8, 2019

twgilmo

The date change seemed pretty conclusive.

Ultimately the day of the board doesn’t matter too much. Some times boards convene early or late because board members have a lot on their plate, and results are submitted on different timelines for each board convened.

We are probably at board, and we may hear back today, tomorrow, or next month. The anticipation is going to be the same either way.

But, it ramps up a lot once the first Pro-Rec posts on this board. Then it is100% “why haven’t I heard back yet?”

Good luck everyone and remember to keep living your normal lives, results will happen when they happen.

Navy2007

SWO select. 07 JUL 2019 OCS class
Are you sure? The deadline for the May 8th board was March 26th. I haven't heard anything from my OR.
I submitted my application for May as well. When I saw that there was a new date (08 April) I contacted my recruiter and he told me he had just submitted it for April.

jwang9009

I am as anxious as anybody. I called my OR today to confirm the date change. He was annoyed again, and told me he will call as soon as he get the results. I had to remind myself there’s really not much I can do other than just keep running my miles and be as prepared as I can be physically and mentally. The passion to be commission is stronger than ever, and I’m going to prepare like I have been already be accepted.

SilverSierra

Future SWO
Well, I'll consider no news as good news for now. If no one else has heard anything this week, then I suspect we're all in the same boat... Still waiting. Even the shared confusion and frustration of others has helped me cool my nerves tremendously.
Thanks, folks, and Best wishes to everyone.

Navy2007

SWO select. 07 JUL 2019 OCS class
SWO OCS grad here. Good luck to you all, happy to answer any questions about OCS life or post-OCS life if you got 'em.
I have some pre-OCS questions. How long from the board date to the date you were notified? How were you notified? How long from being notified did you leave for OCS? Thanks!

jwang9009

SWO OCS grad here. Good luck to you all, happy to answer any questions about OCS life or post-OCS life if you got 'em.
So one of my biggest concern is the third class swim qualification. How strict are the RDC in the proper strokes? I have swim on my back, but I can't do the frog kick. Also, is the trouser floatation still part of this qualification? I have never done it before, which makes me nervous as I am not a good swimmer.