• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board May 8, 2019

Themaninwhite

SWO Officer candidate (Sel)
They both say 35

The “be commissioned by the 35th birthday is an age waiver for active duty.” The general requirements state the age limit of 29 yrs old. As it is right now, your best bet is to join as active and put a package in once you get to your first duty station and you have established some report. All things consider, you will be 34 at the end of a 4 yr contract and will be afforded an opportunity to submit your package.

Mkbapollo

The “be commissioned by the 35th birthday is an age waiver for active duty.” The general requirements state the age limit of 29 yrs old. As it is right now, your best bet is to join as active and put a package in once you get to your first duty station and you have established some report. All things consider, you will be 34 at the end of a 4 yr contract and will be afforded an opportunity to submit your package.

Well I just texting my recruiter and my brother commander Bennett at najax... and well my packet going through... guess I am lucky -_-... bye

exNavyOffRec

waivers are typically done on a month by month basis, 1 month AD gives you 1 month waiver time, so if you join over the age limit, you will never be able to get enough time.

Mkbapollo

waivers are typically done on a month by month basis, 1 month AD gives you 1 month waiver time, so if you join over the age limit, you will never be able to get enough time.
So because I am 30 I wont have enough time for what per say? To retire? Or??? What? Reach a rank? I need more info

davis510

That’s a terrible idea. If his package was denied later if or when they realized it due to the age limitation, I would recommend looking at other branches if he really wanted to be an officer. Coming in as an enlisted with the expectation of getting selected for officer is a recipe for disaster. Don’t get me wrong, that chances are there and you can get it if you work your butt off but based on my experience ( I might be wrong of course) but civilians seem to have a better chances to be selected.

davis510

So because I am 30 I wont have enough time for what per say? To retire? Or??? What? Reach a rank? I need more info

More than likely just because of regulations. If you really want to be an officer take a look at other the branches too would be my recommendation. Direct commissionis another route if you willing to get the sufficient degree and credentials for whatever community you would want to come in as. But if you get select, good on you. Use that connection as an edge, just try not to be arrogant, we are all here just trying to help one another. Even if you dislike someones advice, they are still attempting to help at the very least so try to be respectful, man.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Well I just texting my recruiter and my brother commander Bennett at najax... and well my packet going through... guess I am lucky -_-... bye

If the error doesn’t get caught with your OR or processor it’ll certainly get noticed at NRC. Your application won’t make it to the board.

You are too old for both programs - sorry.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Because that's what the community wants? Probably the same reason why civilian jobs have "job requirements" - it's what they want in their ideal candidate.

Navy2007

SWO select. 07 JUL 2019 OCS class
Is there no waiver available? I have been worker with a recruiter on a packet. I believe he knows my age is 30.
Don’t be discouraged. There are waivers. I have seen it happen personally several times. A few years ago a friend of mine was selected as a swo with an age waiver. He was 33 years old.

exNavyOffRec

nothing to do with retirement, say a person has 2 years of AD time as enlisted, the max age then changes from 29 to 31 because he has 2 years of waiver eligibility, but if a person joins at age 31 and then completes 2 years of AD time he would then be 33 years old but only have 2 years of eligibility time that would waive him to just 31 as well.