• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board June 3, 2019

BroskiOCS

Today is the day, Folks. Godspeed to all peers, pals, people, and other assorted Patriots. Let the constant refreshing of this page begin!
I'm already on this site refreshing all the time. Hah. So it looks like last board results were out within a week. I've seen previous boards take like a month. If I understand correctly, the most likely way to find out would be from either CO or OR, correct?

jbg37

I'm already on this site refreshing all the time. Hah. So it looks like last board results were out within a week. I've seen previous boards take like a month. If I understand correctly, the most likely way to find out would be from either CO or OR, correct?
I'm really hoping that the known quantity of remaining slots for FY19 and the fact that FY20 is essentially wife open will work in our favor. We shall see. Idk if I could handle a month of waiting lol.

Suberov

I would expect the board to adjourn tomorrow afternoon-close of business. The earliest I am personally looking for the results is the 5th. My CO says he's checking and set a calendar reminder but triads BOL and your own Selection Board Results is probably the first place to look for active sailors. Civies should stick close to their ORs I think the official list is what might take a month to release.

BroskiOCS

I would expect the board to adjourn tomorrow afternoon-close of business. The earliest I am personally looking for the results is the 5th. My CO says he's checking and set a calendar reminder but triads BOL and your own Selection Board Results is probably the first place to look for active sailors. Civies should stick close to their ORs I think the official list is what might take a month to release.
Awesome, brother. Thanks for the info!

BroskiOCS

Yeah I just had no idea how the board process works/how long it takes. Glad someone is familiar with the process. I was curious if it is just a few guys in a conference room with 100+ packets sitting there that they have to go through and select the best candidates. Or maybe they had all the stats for everyone in a digital file that they can just eliminate people with a certain GPA/OAR score or lower. Guess that's the mystery of the board. We may never know. Hah! It sucks cause I'm on paternity leave for another week. Been trying to get my CAC reader to work on BOL at home with no luck.

jbg37

Awesome info. LT is gonna love me hounding him starting Friday morning if we haven't heard anything back by then. Hahaha

BroskiOCS

Finally got on BOL at home. So the results would be under the Advancements/Selection Boards link? Nothing will show up now saying that I'm on this board? Only if I get selected or not?

BroskiOCS

I believe it will tell you yes or no but you are looking in the right place
Ok cool. Sorry about all the questions. We all need to just keep ourselves busy over the next week and forget about the board! Easier said than done.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah I just had no idea how the board process works/how long it takes. Glad someone is familiar with the process. I was curious if it is just a few guys in a conference room with 100+ packets sitting there that they have to go through and select the best candidates. Or maybe they had all the stats for everyone in a digital file that they can just eliminate people with a certain GPA/OAR score or lower. Guess that's the mystery of the board. We may never know. Hah! It sucks cause I'm on paternity leave for another week. Been trying to get my CAC reader to work on BOL at home with no luck.

It is all digital as all the files are scanned, they do go fast a few minutes for each application, then goes the process to update the system.

There was years ago a board for Intel where they did make an across the board cut based on GPA, but something like that is rare.

BroskiOCS

It is all digital as all the files are scanned, they do go fast a few minutes for each application, then goes the process to update the system.

There was years ago a board for Intel where they did make an across the board cut based on GPA, but something like that is rare.
Well that's good to know that they do take a look at the applicants entire package. Thanks for the insight!

kbal731

I'm really hoping that the known quantity of remaining slots for FY19 and the fact that FY20 is essentially wife open will work in our favor. We shall see. Idk if I could handle a month of waiting lol.

How many slots are remaining for FY19? I missed the deadline but my OR said if they are still short of their numbers there’s a slim chance they may take a look at completed packages