• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

exNavyOffRec

That’s what I thought. I thought it was ridiculous when he said the PM was on vacation and the office didn’t know when he’d be back. Especially since he didn’t even acknowledge if someone would be covering his workload.

In your opinion, how often could I push for him to try to get my ship date confirmed and try to get it within the ship window I asked for before he gets pissed off?
When you see most of the previous board having ship dates then I would ask like once a week, when you check in with him.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
When you see most of the previous board having ship dates then I would ask like once a week, when you check in with him.
From your experience, what's the best option for a Pro-Rec that's pushing for a date in a specific window of time? I want late July to early September. He says I'm on "the tracker awaiting ship date with multiple others" and that there's nothing that can be done to push harder for a ship date in that period. From my own experience with the government and in the corporate world, there's always something that can be done. There's always someone I could speak with to expedite my processes.

You have any specific suggestions as to what could be done, from my end or from OR's end, to push me to the top of the list and get me into Newport during that window? Or am I truly at the whim of the project manager for my ship date?

exNavyOffRec

From your experience, what's the best option for a Pro-Rec that's pushing for a date in a specific window of time? I want late July to early September. He says I'm on "the tracker awaiting ship date with multiple others" and that there's nothing that can be done to push harder for a ship date in that period. From my own experience with the government and in the corporate world, there's always something that can be done. There's always someone I could speak with to expedite my processes.

You have any specific suggestions as to what could be done, from my end or from OR's end, to push me to the top of the list and get me into Newport during that window? Or am I truly at the whim of the project manager for my ship date?

It depends how many are in front of you, not just SWO but also all the other designators that have tight follow on school schedules, until they start clearing the backlog from COVID issues it will require patience from everyone. The OR I guarantee you wants you out of there ASAP, no OR likes to have someone just sitting around waiting to go to OCS for months on end.

Did you put ASAP for date available on your application?

There really isn't anyone else to talk to your OR is your point of contact, maybe the processor if you have been talking with them, but that is really it. There have been civilian applicants that have tried to call NRC in the past and that doesn't work well, usually after that happens there is a call from NRC to the NRD CO asking why one of his recruiters applicants is calling NRC.

In the past NRC was pretty firm on request to move out an OCS date or a request to go right away, requests were often met with a response of "If XXX is unable (to go/to wait) at/for designated time then the candidate can submit a letter declining the position.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
It depends how many are in front of you, not just SWO but also all the other designators that have tight follow on school schedules, until they start clearing the backlog from COVID issues it will require patience from everyone. The OR I guarantee you wants you out of there ASAP, no OR likes to have someone just sitting around waiting to go to OCS for months on end.

Did you put ASAP for date available on your application?

There really isn't anyone else to talk to your OR is your point of contact, maybe the processor if you have been talking with them, but that is really it. There have been civilian applicants that have tried to call NRC in the past and that doesn't work well, usually after that happens there is a call from NRC to the NRD CO asking why one of his recruiters applicants is calling NRC.

In the past NRC was pretty firm on request to move out an OCS date or a request to go right away, requests were often met with a response of "If XXX is unable (to go/to wait) at/for designated time then the candidate can submit a letter declining the position.
I put March 2021 and the board was Feb 22, so as good as ASAP.
Wondering why they gave me FY22 and not an FY21 date.

NevarYalnal

I put March 2021 and the board was Feb 22, so as good as ASAP.
Wondering why they gave me FY22 and not an FY21 date.
weren't you waiting for Intel? assuming that was listed as #1, perhaps the SWO board decided to hold off on slotting you in for FY21 in case you were picked up by the IWC.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
weren't you waiting for Intel? assuming that was listed as #1, perhaps the SWO board decided to hold off on slotting you in for FY21 in case you were picked up by the IWC.
Yeah, I had SWO as #2. In hindsight, probably should've put it as #1. Hindsight's 20/20. Hoping they can fit me into FY21.

My only steadfast request from my OR was to get me a class with a scheduled graduation date prior to December. We'll see if that happens.

Edit: When I contacted my OR requesting that he move forward with my SWO Pro-Rec, was NRC formally notified that I had accepted that Pro-Rec? How does that process work with me not getting Intel, but getting SWO, and having to circle back to accept SWO?

exNavyOffRec

Yeah, I had SWO as #2. In hindsight, probably should've put it as #1. Hindsight's 20/20. Hoping they can fit me into FY21.

My only steadfast request from my OR was to get me a class with a scheduled graduation date prior to December. We'll see if that happens.

Edit: When I contacted my OR requesting that he move forward with my SWO Pro-Rec, was NRC formally notified that I had accepted that Pro-Rec? How does that process work with me not getting Intel, but getting SWO, and having to circle back to accept SWO?
If Intel had yet to meet he would have had you write a statement saying you wanted to more forward with SWO, since Intel was already meeting and then when you didn't get Intel you would automatically be processed for SWO. It is doubtful putting SWO first would change much.

There are only 3 classed left for FY 21, the last one starts ROM on 6/20 so it is possible but not probable that you could get a FY 21 spot.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
If Intel had yet to meet he would have had you write a statement saying you wanted to more forward with SWO, since Intel was already meeting and then when you didn't get Intel you would automatically be processed for SWO. It is doubtful putting SWO first would change much.

There are only 3 classed left for FY 21, the last one starts ROM on 6/20 so it is possible but not probable that you could get a FY 21 spot.
Okay, so when I was classed for FY22, that window of late July to early September is FY22? So I'll have a solid chance of getting one of those classes?

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
It's based on the day you graduate, not enter OCS. The July 4th guys will graduate around the 30th of Sept
lol, guys. I guess my OR is kinda behind the times. He's telling me that it's based on the day you enter, but I've got 2 reputable sources of information here saying otherwise.

Here's to hoping I can get a scheduled graduation date on or before December.

Edit: Sad news is that I still haven't gotten the Select Letter. Just Pro-Rec.