• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

eahmed4

Just a quick detour! ?

He finally got back to me. I've told him that I'd like the July 4, August 15, or September 2 class with August being the ideal. We'll see what happens. I told him that "FY22" is too late for me and I want something earlier.
Everything after July 4th would be FY22. So July is the latest date you could get and still commission FY21

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Everything after July 4th would be FY22. So July is the latest date you could get and still commission FY21
True. Was thinking of FY22 as a "start OCS in FY22" because they hadn't given me an OCS date yet.

Like I said, I'd like August 15. Late enough to give my employer time to replace me and early enough to not miss Thanksgiving/Christmas if I don't get rolled on anything.

Capt_Marvel

SWO PRO-REC Y
Just a quick detour! ?

He finally got back to me. I've told him that I'd like the July 4, August 15, or September 2 class with August being the ideal. We'll see what happens. I told him that "FY22" is too late for me and I want something earlier.

The first class of FY22 is 25 July 21. I was slotted for that class but was moved up to 09 May because they are pushing pilots back. Ultimately, the needs of the Navy come first. If you request to go earlier, be prepared for a short turn around. They move fast when they want to. I was fortunate enough to receive a 3 week notice, but a few people last week found out they will be in the 09 May class (we report for ROM April 25th).

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
The first class of FY22 is 25 July 21. I was slotted for that class but was moved up to 09 May because they are pushing pilots back. Ultimately, the needs of the Navy come first. If you request to go earlier, be prepared for a short turn around. They move fast when they want to. I was fortunate enough to receive a 3 week notice, but a few people last week found out they will be in the 09 May class (we report for ROM April 25th).
We'll see what happens. I wouldn't really mind shipping in late May, June, or July. My wife wouldn't be too thrilled about the short notice, but she'll get over it. lol

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
They must be getting desperate, I have received this email twice now.

Hi XXXXX,
I came across a new job listing that I thought may interest you. The full details and application process can be found in the job listing.
If this role was not a fit or you would like to see other listings, please update the criteria here.
So you’re telling me I have a chance of getting that August entry! ?

sealords

Any Active Duty guys know how to determine when you will report to school without the use of ENTRS?
You should email Mr. Celestine, to confirm from him may be your CoC are yet to reply to your OCS availability date. For me, he did sent an email but my parent command didn't respond quick, so I forwarded his email to my OIC and immediately my OIC requested me an ASAP class. within three days I got a ship date of August. Moreso, he will still have to send you Service agreement form and two other documents to aid your transitioning.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
You should email Mr. Celestine, to confirm from him may be your CoC are yet to reply to your OCS availability date. For me, he did sent an email but my parent command didn't respond quick, so I forwarded his email to my OIC and immediately my OIC requested me an ASAP class. within three days I got a ship date of August. Moreso, he will still have to send you Service agreement form and two other documents to aid your transitioning.
Are you going to the Aug 15th class?

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
PM's cover for each other.
That’s what I thought. I thought it was ridiculous when he said the PM was on vacation and the office didn’t know when he’d be back. Especially since he didn’t even acknowledge if someone would be covering his workload.

In your opinion, how often could I push for him to try to get my ship date confirmed and try to get it within the ship window I asked for before he gets pissed off?