• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NevarYalnal

Hi does anyone know what the current SWO and Intel board selection rates are and if there is an "average profile of candidates accepted"?
the threads for some boards have spreadsheets where people post their stats so that could give you an idea of what people getting accepted look like on average.

exNavyOffRec

Hi does anyone know what the current SWO and Intel board selection rates are and if there is an "average profile of candidates accepted"?

IWC community for years would release the info on selection rates and average profile, it rarely changed so I figure they decided no reason to keep posting what was the same info, the selection rate would be between 10-20 percent on average and that of course will vary depending on specific designator, something like CWE or Oceano is so small and so restrictive few can apply so you see a high selection rate. The average GPA of those selected sits around 3.5 and most picked are tech degrees, Intel itself tends to be the one that picks non tech degrees.

almond_615

Can someone who is working with an officer recruiter confirm that they have submitted multiple packages for different boards at a time. in the current debacle, my package is now in the April board. But he says I can't submit for Supply or any other designator until the SWO results are back. But since I'm on the board for April, that's obviously not going to work.

eahmed4

Can someone who is working with an officer recruiter confirm that they have submitted multiple packages for different boards at a time. in the current debacle, my package is now in the April board. But he says I can't submit for Supply or any other designator until the SWO results are back. But since I'm on the board for April, that's obviously not going to work.
I have. Submitted my packages for IWC, Supply and SWO. Rolled into April for SWO, but I was able to submit for Supply and IWC

J_Wehrli

I can confirm I just got selected for the latest supply board and I just saw my name on the at board list for this upcoming SWO board (I got rolled from the previous SWO board)

exNavyOffRec

He is correct but worded it bad, if you have a current application in that is pending with a board you can not submit another application until that current application is dispositioned, the system doesn't allow for that.

What you can do is get everything ready so if you get bad news you can turn in the new application.

almond_615

How does that work if people are being allowed to apply for multiple designators? You can submit multiple before it makes it to the at-board list?

When my OCS ship date says FY22, when will I receive a fixed date? With today being April 5, what would be the earliest I could bump up my class date? June or July?
Starting OCS in July would result in appointment as an Ensign happening in the new FY.

From what was explained to me at work today, once all your boards you applied for concluded you will either select your program if you got picked up for more than 1 or you will auto-accept if you only got picked up for one. After this, you will get a FINSEL letter and will be placed into a class slot by an Officer Detailer.

Again, this is just what was explained to me and is entirely possible that I am mistaken. If I am mistaken, I would welcome any corrections.

How does that work if people are being allowed to apply for multiple designators? You can submit multiple before it makes it to the at-board list?
From my understanding, your package cycles through all boards you applied for until it either gets to your #1 choice or you accept a ProRec-Y in another board. Once your #1 choice board resolves, you can resubmit.

exNavyOffRec

The application has multiple spots for designator choices, over the years it has varied from 3 to 5, of course depending on the year and designator some designators would only review those placed 1 or 2. It is basically that you need to submit your choices on one application and then see how those picks go.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I submitted for SWO and Intel at the same time. Was going to submit for Supply, but being 32, I decided to not submit because of the age waiver issue. Didn't really want to submit with an age waiver going against 22-25 year olds.

He may mean that it doesn't make sense to submit for other boards until SWO comes back because if you're picked up for SWO, you're automatically knocked off the following boards unless you decline the SWO invitation.

ahansen

I submitted for SWO and Intel at the same time. Was going to submit for Supply, but being 32, I decided to not submit because of the age waiver issue. Didn't really want to submit with an age waiver going against 22-25 year olds.

He may mean that it doesn't make sense to submit for other boards until SWO comes back because if you're picked up for SWO, you're automatically knocked off the following boards unless you decline the SWO invitation.
Is this true? My OR said that if I get selected for swo, (results in may) I have the option to wait for results of the other board I’m in (results in July) and can decide. Swo is my number one and intel is 2 but the intel I’m trying for is a swo option.