• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

sasebobeast

When are you headed out to ocs?

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Congratulations! You have been chosen to join the elite group of individuals who will attend the 24 JANUARY 2021 Officer Candidate School (OCS) class in Newport, RI. You are required to report no later than 10 JANUARY 2021 for processing. Upon completion of training you will be commissioned as an Ensign, United States Navy, in the Surface Warfare Officer program, designator 11600.

Brian1123

The classes are
Still waiting on a class date, does anyone know which class dates still have spots for this swo board?
The classes are only being filled to 50% capacity. In the original email sent to you COC it says there will be a delay in class dates because of COVID. Ive looked at class rosters and for AD, the earliest person was requested on the 8th. Paul is teleworking so everything is moving some what slow.. Most of us active duty will be in the February 14 class which only has 26 people into the two march classes. Now its just a waiting game. In the mean time, start getting stuff from your record that you will need. Example: Your VMET, DD 4, update page 2, SGLI. Focus on the things that are in your control. Start studying appendix b, code of conduct, watch standing principles, general orders, service ranks (marine and navy), anchors aweigh, marine hymn, etc.

The classes are

The classes are only being filled to 50% capacity. In the original email sent to you COC it says there will be a delay in class dates because of COVID. Ive looked at class rosters and for AD, the earliest person was requested on the 8th. Paul is teleworking so everything is moving some what slow.. Most of us active duty will be in the February 14 class which only has 26 people into the two march classes. Now its just a waiting game. In the mean time, start getting stuff from your record that you will need. Example: Your VMET, DD 4, update page 2, SGLI. Focus on the things that are in your control. Start studying appendix b, code of conduct, watch standing principles, general orders, service ranks (marine and navy), anchors aweigh, marine hymn, etc.
I heard from my recruiter and others that they are back to classes of 100 just adding on the 2 week quarantine.

Brian1123

That could be the case. I have been looking at the class sizes on ENTRS. On CANTRAC, they do show classes from now until the end of the year with 114 days at OCS (14 day ROM) but the schedule at the start of the calendar year is showing standard 90 sessions and those classes only have 50 people in them.

That could be the case. I have been looking at the class sizes on ENTRS. On CANTRAC, they do show classes from now until the end of the year with 114 days at OCS (14 day ROM) but the schedule at the start of the calendar year is showing standard 90 sessions and those classes only have 50 people in them.
What are you searching (title clasS name) when looking on entrs? I would like to look at the rosters

exNavyOffRec

There could be a few reasons for that, so don't read into it too much.

BroskiOCS

What study material did you use for the OAR? I'm a terrible test taker. But that is the only thing stopping me from applying at the moment.

This is the OAR study book that I used. I only scored a 50 which is nothing to brag about but was an acceptable score for a SWO application at the time.

I probably had the most trouble with the mechanical portion of the exam. Also, I got cut off for time on 2 out of the 3 sections. I don't know if it is a problem for most people but just be aware of your time constraints while taking the OAR. Good luck!

spolasek

Hello everyone! I am very early on in putting together my officer package. I don't graduate until March but I'm trying to get a head start on it. I've taken some practice OAR tests already. I feel pretty confident about the math and reading portions- the mechanical- not so much lol! Other than those three sections what should I expect out of the actual OAR exam? What should I expect out of the process? Did you guys get to chose if you did Surface, Intel, Air, etc... Or did they just tell you what you qualified for? After submitting your packages how long was it until you guys received a response? How long after you received a response did you go to OCS? What should I expect of OCS? Do you pay for your uniforms out of the (E-5?) pay you receive (while attending) similarly to boot camp, or do you have to pay out of pocket prior to? Is OCS more like boot camp where you all sleep in a room together or A- School where you go back to a barrack in the evening? Are you allowed to leave at any time? Off on weekends? Allowed to have your phone? I'll be talking to my recruiter about these things. Just thought I'd get some info from you all as well.

I'm prior service with 4 years. I've been out for four years - pursuing my bachelor's. I'm excited to graduate and see what happens! Also, what percentage of prior service/ civilians get picked up? I appreciate and look forward to any answers, info, and insight that you all might provide!

spolasek

This is amazing!! Congratulations!! When did you submit your package? Did you choose Surface Warfare or did they chose that for you?

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Congratulations! You have been chosen to join the elite group of individuals who will attend the 24 JANUARY 2021 Officer Candidate School (OCS) class in Newport, RI. You are required to report no later than 10 JANUARY 2021 for processing. Upon completion of training you will be commissioned as an Ensign, United States Navy, in the Surface Warfare Officer program, designator 11600.

Cbienaim

Officially got my OCS date pushed back from January to March 28th, I’m excited about it, I know past groups have made their own message boards with people leaving in their call, anyone wana start that up? If not I will at some point next week. I’ll be going off the spread sheet that’s posted earlier in the thread

RamRod678

Officially got my OCS date pushed back from January to March 28th, I’m excited about it, I know past groups have made their own message boards with people leaving in their call, anyone wana start that up? If not I will at some point next week. I’ll be going off the spread sheet that’s posted earlier in the thread
What was the process like? My OCS date is in January and I would like to be in the March class.

LouisLu

BlueEyesWhiteDragon
It seems that one can push back the OCS date but not move it early ...