• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

EO1

I received conformation from my CO today, but now I have to complete a conditional release due to me being FTS. Has anyone had to do this? According to Mr. Celestin is has to be approved by BUPERs, but my command has not idea what to do. I am still waiting to see if Mr. Celestin can provide more guidance.
I am on a same boat. Although, I am not a FTS, but a Reservist on ADSW orders. I emailed the PERS with the conditional release request (DD form 368) but it was denied because I need to be off from ADSW orders. I am in a dilemma .. My command won't modify my orders until I have an OCS class date, but I can't get an OCS date till I get a Conditional release from PERS then email back to Mr. Celestine. hmm.. I will keep you updated.

Any reservists having issues getting a conditional release from PERS 913 ?

Cbienaim

I am on a same boat. Although, I am not a FTS, but a Reservist on ADSW orders. I emailed the PERS with the conditional release request (DD form 368) but it was denied because I need to be off from ADSW orders. I am in a dilemma .. My command won't modify my orders until I have an OCS class date, but I can't get an OCS date till I get a Conditional release from PERS then email back to Mr. Celestine. hmm.. I will keep you updated.

Any reservists having issues getting a conditional release from PERS 913 ?

Interesting, I’m a reservist and I had a problem when applying originally for SWO. I was gained by a different command than was on my orders, and I was drilling at my actual NOSC for 5+months, I had to connect with the PS’s in manpower to get it sorted out. Your command should be able to release you off ADSW orders or sign the conditional release dates when those orders are up so you can at least receive a date. When do your ADSW orders end? If it’s within 6-8months they may just not give you the conditional release until then and OCS should understand. Sorry if this wasn’t much help but maybe just gives you insight on how things will pan out.

SeaShine

Contributor
Haha I’m trying to get mine switched to the March date cause I’m on a google contract right now so hopefully that spot will open up for you!
There’s like 5 more female seats for the date in January that I want, and 19 more for the March date I was eyeing. I provided my COs input for both dates just Incase one gets rejected.

exNavyOffRec

There’s like 5 more female seats for the date in January that I want, and 19 more for the March date I was eyeing. I provided my COs input for both dates just Incase one gets rejected.

remember that what you see may not be what is actually available.

also good to remember "objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear"

SeaShine

Contributor
remember that what you see may not be what is actually available.

also good to remember "objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear"
That’s understandable. I work a lot with Cetars and ENTRS as an instructor, and you are correct- some numbers may be accounted for by other means. I’d love Jan, but a March 7th start would allow me to finish my Masters that also finishes on the 7th of March ?... glass half full on both sides. But I am excited to get going... I feel that I’m at a halt at my current command.

exNavyOffRec

That’s understandable. I work a lot with Cetars and ENTRS as an instructor, and you are correct- some numbers may be accounted for by other means. I’d love Jan, but a March 7th start would allow me to finish my Masters that also finishes on the 7th of March ?... glass half full on both sides. But I am excited to get going... I feel that I’m at a halt at my current command.

yep, you have people on the excel sheets that haven't been put in the system yet, there are spots reserved for female nukes, SWO's, etc......

don't forget the 14 day ROM prior to OCS starting, who knows when that will go away.

EO1

Interesting, I’m a reservist and I had a problem when applying originally for SWO. I was gained by a different command than was on my orders, and I was drilling at my actual NOSC for 5+months, I had to connect with the PS’s in manpower to get it sorted out. Your command should be able to release you off ADSW orders or sign the conditional release dates when those orders are up so you can at least receive a date. When do your ADSW orders end? If it’s within 6-8months they may just not give you the conditional release until then and OCS should understand. Sorry if this wasn’t much help but maybe just gives you insight on how things will pan out.
My ADSW orders end 30 SEP 2021, but my command is willing to shorten/modify my orders as long as I get the OCS class date. They want me to stay till 1 APR, which I am fine with it. I work for OSO so, the orders modification shouldn't be a problem. But, getting a conditional release from PERS and CO's endorsement from my NOSC will be a challenge.

My concern is that PERS won't provide me a conditional release till I am off orders, and Mr. Celestine needs that to put me in a class. If I don't get to provide a document to Mr. Celestine till 1 APR or 30 SEP, but I am picked up for FY21 OCS, will he still able to put in me a class?
I am just concerned and hoping that the board don't cancel on me because I cannot provide a document in a timely manner.

AT2Pax

I was pro-rec N and truly am lost for words. Currently an AD AT1 with straight EP evals, a 45 OAR, 3.2 GPA. Only thought is I had a few appraisals with "excellent" in the appearance block instead of "outstanding". All 10's on the lower block. Additionally received an appraisal from a CDR that I was "the most impressive candidate I have ever interviewed". Did anyone with a 9 in any block get picked up?

Ancalagon

I was pro-rec N and truly am lost for words. Currently an AD AT1 with straight EP evals, a 45 OAR, 3.2 GPA. Only thought is I had a few appraisals with "excellent" in the appearance block instead of "outstanding". All 10's on the lower block. Additionally received an appraisal from a CDR that I was "the most impressive candidate I have ever interviewed". Did anyone with a 9 in any block get picked up?

I'm sorry to hear that. ? I'm surprised you didn't get picked up, but luckily you can still improve things like your OAR score for next time. I do recall someone in this thread mentioning they got picked up with weak LORs/appraisals, including one of the interviewers not marking straight 10's.

yep, you have people on the excel sheets that haven't been put in the system yet, there are spots reserved for female nukes, SWO's, etc......

don't forget the 14 day ROM prior to OCS starting, who knows when that will go away.

Wait so does this mean we'll actually be leaving 14 days before our OCS dates to quarantine?

exNavyOffRec

you are kind of "average" with your GPA, if there were more selections you very well may have been selected, now the appraisals do raise an interesting question, the DCO program would rarely pick anyone that had any score below a 10, I personally never saw one, however I am sure there are.

I would encourage you to try again and see what happens.

AT2Pax

you are kind of "average" with your GPA, if there were more selections you very well may have been selected, now the appraisals do raise an interesting question, the DCO program would rarely pick anyone that had any score below a 10, I personally never saw one, however I am sure there are.

I would encourage you to try again and see what happens.
I would tend to agree with you, however, I for a fact know of someone who was taken with an OAR waiver over me. Im not sure if there is some "code" in my evals or what. Quite frustrating!