• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

FreshyyP

I was pro-rec N and truly am lost for words. Currently an AD AT1 with straight EP evals, a 45 OAR, 3.2 GPA. Only thought is I had a few appraisals with "excellent" in the appearance block instead of "outstanding". All 10's on the lower block. Additionally received an appraisal from a CDR that I was "the most impressive candidate I have ever interviewed". Did anyone with a 9 in any block get picked up?
What's your degree in? Do you have any waivers? Do you have any negative marks on your service record? Such as NJP's or Captains Mass? how many years have you been in?

AT2Pax

What's your degree in? Do you have any waivers? Do you have any negative marks on your service record? Such as NJP's or Captains Mass? how many years have you been in?
BS in Public Service
No waivers
No negative marks
Going on 10 years in May

SeaShine

Contributor
I was pro-rec N and truly am lost for words. Currently an AD AT1 with straight EP evals, a 45 OAR, 3.2 GPA. Only thought is I had a few appraisals with "excellent" in the appearance block instead of "outstanding". All 10's on the lower block. Additionally received an appraisal from a CDR that I was "the most impressive candidate I have ever interviewed". Did anyone with a 9 in any block get picked up?
I got a PROREC Y and one of my appraisals had 7s and 8s ?. It was a terrible interview, but I couldn’t redo it in time for the deadline. How is your personal statement? I can send you my email if you want me to look it over. I’m sorry about the N... will you try again?

SeaShine

Contributor
I'm sorry to hear that. ? I'm surprised you didn't get picked up, but luckily you can still improve things like your OAR score for next time. I do recall someone in this thread mentioning they got picked up with weak LORs/appraisals, including one of the interviewers not marking straight 10's.
That was me haha

Sea warrior 24

GSM1(SW) Vaughn
I got a PROREC Y and one of my appraisals had 7s and 8s ?. It was a terrible interview, but I couldn’t redo it in time for the deadline. How is your personal statement? I can send you my email if you want me to look it over. I’m sorry about the N... will you try again?
Have you received OCS date yet mine is FY-21 still

sasebobeast

Found my entire recruiting office it out on 96 hours of leave so won't get the official call until Monday I'm guessing :(

So my recruiter finally called after I messaged him today. My original recruiter didn't retire yet (still my recruiter until November 18), so I had messaged him and not my new one. My original recruiter called my house phone and left a voicemail that I never knew about last Friday, and he couldn't call my new cellphone number because I never gave it to him. I only gave my new number to my new recruiter who I thought was taking over, but he isn't taking over until November 18. So, yeah, the original recruiter called me today with the official phone call!

He told me to:
  1. Physically prepare (get in or stay in shape)
  2. Mentally prepare
  3. Memorize Appendix B
  4. Just wait for the FINSEL, he said "don't worry about this it is just a matter of time, it will arrive around 1 month before your OCS date." He said this will also be the time I will be swearing in which is nowadays on the phone with a lieutenant commander present.

Last edited:

GAhnee

So my recruiter finally called after I messaged him today. My original recruiter didn't retire yet (still my recruiter until November 18), so I had messaged him and not my new one. My original recruiter called my house phone and left a voicemail that I never knew about last Friday, and he couldn't call my new cellphone number because I never gave it to him. I only gave my new number to my new recruiter who I thought was taking over, but he isn't taking over until November 18. So, yeah, the original recruiter called me today with the official phone call!

He told me to:
  1. Physically prepare (get in or stay in shape)
  2. Mentally prepare
  3. Memorize Appendix B
  4. Just wait for the FINSEL, he said "don't worry about this it is just a matter of time, it will arrive around 1 month before your OCS date." He said this will also be the time I will be swearing in which is nowadays on the phone with a lieutenant commander present.
Congrats!
My recruiter never officially called me, except for before results came out and said I had a date. I texted him a few days ago about getting prepared to leave. Things like, when will I be able to send orders to my apartment to break my lease early? Asking to fill out a command verification letter so I can get Dogs on Deployment to watch my dog while at training. Which of my prior Air Force Awards would I be able to wear?
He said he would help me with that once I got closer to my date. (Supposed to start ROM 10 JAN). Oh, he also said to make sure I’m ready physically. He didn’t seem to know that OCS is doing planks now, but I didn’t think I should correct him.

I know he’s busy, but man, I can barely get the guy to talk to me, much less answer a question.

SeaShine

Contributor
Still waiting on a class date, does anyone know which class dates still have spots for this swo board?
From what I’ve heard, you can be slotted for almost any FY21 convene. Most are going between jan and March... doesn’t mean you can’t be slated for earlier or later than that. Most dates after January still have plenty of opening by the looks of it.