• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

mdej5280

Hello, I am trying to apply for OCS and need help to fill out an age waiver. I am 34 years old and need to fill one out so I can have hopefully get approved for SWO and Supply. I have been looking around on npc website and am confused on how to fill it out and whom I send it to. If any one could help me out with the step by step process on how to do this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You!!

spolasek

Hello, I am trying to apply for OCS and need help to fill out an age waiver. I am 34 years old and need to fill one out so I can have hopefully get approved for SWO and Supply. I have been looking around on npc website and am confused on how to fill it out and whom I send it to. If any one could help me out with the step by step process on how to do this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You!!

You don’t have a recruiter?

Scott_race

unless you are prior service, you can't get an age waiver past 29 for supply corp. for swo, good luck getting an age waiver because there is already so many applicants that don't need one

NavyIT101

If you're active duty, send me a message and I will give you what I completed to get my waiver approved.

mdej5280

If you're active duty, send me a message and I will give you what I completed to get my waiver approved.
Hi NavyIT101, I am active duty. Thanks so much for your help! Any advice or templates or really anything you have that pertains to OCS is greatly appreciated!

mdej5280

unless you are prior service, you can't get an age waiver past 29 for supply corp. for swo, good luck getting an age waiver because there is already so many applicants that don't need one
I am active duty and have heard from other officers on the ship I am attached to that SWO is one that the Navy is greatly in need of. Going off the npc website I have read that you can get an age waiver up to 35 for Supply if you are currently enlisted. Not calling you wrong at all because I greatly appreciate the feedback and will definitely take this into account. Also looking at Intel as well. As many options the better for me. Not interested in Pilot or NFO because my age.

NavyIT101

I am active duty and have heard from other officers on the ship I am attached to that SWO is one that the Navy is greatly in need of. Going off the npc website I have read that you can get an age waiver up to 35 for Supply if you are currently enlisted. Not calling you wrong at all because I greatly appreciate the feedback and will definitely take this into account. Also looking at Intel as well. As many options the better for me. Not interested in Pilot or NFO because my age.
My age waiver was approved within 3 days. I don't see you have any issues with it. I was on the last board of almost 600 applicants and I don't remember seeing anyone that got their under 35 age waiver denied.

exNavyOffRec

SWO has had a lower selection rate the past several boards and combined a board.

exNavyOffRec

My age waiver was approved within 3 days. I don't see you have any issues with it. I was on the last board of almost 600 applicants and I don't remember seeing anyone that got their under 35 age waiver denied.

The generally approve age waivers, then let the board give the bad news, there was one applicant who was very active on here for the last board that had a waiver and great professional resume who was given a "no" due to too much TIS.

exNavyOffRec

How much TIS do you have, that has been an issue with previous boards.

NevarYalnal

The generally approve age waivers, then let the board give the bad news, there was one applicant who was very active on here for the last board that had a waiver and great professional resume who was given a "no" due to too much TIS.
Just curious, have you ever seen a civilian get an age waiver for SWO, and if so, do you recall how old they were?

mdej5280

How much TIS do you have, that has been an issue with previous boards.
I am brand new to the Navy and have only been in for six months. Not sure if that is a advantage or disadvantage haven't heard either way. The Master Chief that manages my division had a son in law that went OCS Supply and MC told me that TIS should not be a problem. Since I'm new to the Navy and new to building this packet just going off of advice. Learning as I go.

exNavyOffRec

I am brand new to the Navy and have only been in for six months. Not sure if that is a advantage or disadvantage haven't heard either way. The Master Chief that manages my division had a son in law that went OCS Supply and MC told me that TIS should not be a problem. Since I'm new to the Navy and new to building this packet just going off of advice. Learning as I go.
in your case then TIS would not be a factor, the age limit depending on the community could be an issue as typically the age waiver is a month for month waiver, for every month of AD time you get another month added to the max age, if max age without waiver was 29 and you have a year of service that would bump the max age to 30. It does depend on the community though, some might be more or less stringent than others, the only thing you can do is try.