• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

LouisLu

BlueEyesWhiteDragon
I am in the same program but just recently found out that my Enlisted job got changed since I was supposed to be on the April Board and got rolled into this board. I definitely signed something saying I would be willing to wait for the results before shipping enlisted. They keep trying to get me to ship on time though regardless of board results. Waiting until October is definitely an issue.

It would be an issue if your job is fully taken in October but luckily the master chief checked for me and said my AECF job would still be available in October and he can give me one and I would even be able to keep my bonus (strangely all the newly recruited AECF lost their bonus). He said since I am supposed to go to the April board and not this August board and hence such a delay would not be my fault.

Be yeah my enlisted recruiters also kept pushing me to make a decision before until this regional master chief stepped in. I know the pain.

almond_615

Is OCS up and running? I know enlisted boot camp has been moved to army facilities. So will officer candidate school need to be handled the same way?

Boot camp was not moved. There is now additional training that takes place at a secure facility while the recruits ROM.

EmmaG

Hey guys I see the next SWO board cutoff is on Sept 18th. Does that mean we're going to start seeing results this week?
I don’t think the deadlines for future board dates have any impact on when results are given. So, sadly I don’t think we’ll be hearing just yet.

SeaShine

Contributor
Hey everyone! Long time lurker here ? I’m an IT1 with 9 1/2 years AD. I submitted in March for the April board, and like many of you, I’m still waiting. This is my first time applying, and I’m a little nervous. My PRD is January and I still can’t pick hard orders until the board results come back... so we’re stressing ?
Here’s my stats:
Bachelors in Cybersecurity: 3.82 GPA
MBA (in progress): 3.91
OAR (only took once): 43
Appraisals: 10/10 from a Commodore (SWO), 10/10 from an 1820, and 8/10 from a LCDR (SWO)...
I have one LOR from a previous XO, but was told not to go crazy with getting more.
If I don’t make it this time, I plan to begin my doctorate and reapply once we transition. I realize my OAR and that one appraisal may hinder my chances. I wish the best for you all!

Hey everyone! Long time lurker here ? I’m an IT1 with 9 1/2 years AD. I submitted in March for the April board, and like many of you, I’m still waiting. This is my first time applying, and I’m a little nervous. My PRD is January and I still can’t pick hard orders until the board results come back... so we’re stressing ?
Here’s my stats:
Bachelors in Cybersecurity: 3.82 GPA
MBA (in progress): 3.91
OAR (only took once): 43
Appraisals: 10/10 from a Commodore (SWO), 10/10 from an 1820, and 8/10 from a LCDR (SWO)...
I have one LOR from a previous XO, but was told not to go crazy with getting more.
If I don’t make it this time, I plan to begin my doctorate and reapply once we transition. I realize my OAR and that one appraisal may hinder my chances. I wish the best for you all!

doubt those will hinder your chances,
Where did you go to school?
How long have you been an IT1?

SeaShine

Contributor
doubt those will hinder your chances,
Where did you go to school?
How long have you been an IT1?
I’ve been an IT1 for about 18m. And I’m currently attending Saint Leo University for my MBA (same school for undergrad). I got a little nervous because I see most people going into this with all 10/10 appraisals. I don’t want them to look at my package and see that it wasn’t “perfect 10s” ?