• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I know this gets asked 1,000 times, but roughly how long from the date of the board can someone expect to report to Newport? I have a hard leave NET date of Nov. 15 so I want to make sure I am good to submit my application for this next board in July that meets in mid-August. On that note, would my CO annotating it on the CO's Recommendation portion of the package actually help?
Within a couple weeks of receiving your Select Letter. That being said, I received my Pro-Rec in March and haven’t received a Select Letter yet.

6 months was the average pre-covid. I’d say 6-9 months now.

On your packet, put your availability as ASAP just in case.

Conqueror’sHaki

SWOTIVATED MUSTANG
I know this gets asked 1,000 times, but roughly how long from the date of the board can someone expect to report to Newport? I have a hard leave NET date of Nov. 15 so I want to make sure I am good to submit my application for this next board in July that meets in mid-August. On that note, would my CO annotating it on the CO's Recommendation portion of the package actually help?

You’re applying while under orders?

nkserp

I'm not up for orders until the June/July window. I have something I can't reschedule in early Nov. so I'm trying to leave after it and if it was taking six months on average pre-covid then I'm not worried about it. That being said, it's possible I could be selected for orders by that time, but I'll be in contact with my detailer to make him aware of it.

exNavyOffRec

I'm not up for orders until the June/July window. I have something I can't reschedule in early Nov. so I'm trying to leave after it and if it was taking six months on average pre-covid then I'm not worried about it. That being said, it's possible I could be selected for orders by that time, but I'll be in contact with my detailer to make him aware of it.

leaving NET that Nov date shouldn't be an issue, it really isn't that far out.

Danielle29

Unofficial notification. No class dates... Which is why I inquired about it previously, as well as on the February board.
How’d you inquired about the unofficial notification?? I reached out to my OR last week and said that they’re still waiting for board result and would let me know if anything new changes.

I’m thinking of just waiting for their call. Or should I reach out again since I talked to them last week?? Man, peeps getting calls already got me worried and more anxious LOL ?

subsailor08

NC1(SW/SS)
OAR: 41
Education: BS in Business Administration From CityU of Seattle
GPA: 3.5
ACTIVE DUTY: NC1
LOR: O-5 SWO (XO), O-6 (Previous CO)
APPRAISAL BOARD: O-6 SWO, O-6 SWO, O-6 SWO, O-4 SWO
Applied to August 20 board with no luck, 2nd attempt after 6 month waiting period.

Might as well add myself to the mix! This may very well be the last SWO PROBOARD to which I apply. With the new PA, they are looking for a younger crop. But we will see when results come out. Best of luck to all who have applied! God Bless! ??