• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

eahmed4

I’m currently on a road trip and I don’t even have my phone on me. Using a friends phone and just found out that apparently results dropped. RIP I guess

NavyFanatic32

Hey all,

just wanted some advice on my packet. Originally wanted to apply to the next Supply board but I missed the minimum for the OAR with a 44 (needed a 45). Recruiter is submitting an OAR waiver but I’m not hopeful. SWO was always my second choice so I was just going to apply to the next SWO board in August and see if I can get picked up. Wanted some insight on if I am competitive or not? Or should I just retest?

OAR: 44

GPA: Bachelors in Business 3.44. Masters in Higher Education 4.0. Masters in Business (MBA) 3.59 (Graduate in August 2021)
Cumulative GPA of all three degrees(3.67)

Leadership: Division II walk on basketball athlete.
Currently oversee a College residence hall of 550+ Students and supervise 32 student staff members and one graduate student.

LOR: professor, current supervisor, and former basketball coach.

villo0692

Hey all,

just wanted some advice on my packet. Originally wanted to apply to the next Supply board but I missed the minimum for the OAR with a 44 (needed a 45). Recruiter is submitting an OAR waiver but I’m not hopeful. SWO was always my second choice so I was just going to apply to the next SWO board in August and see if I can get picked up. Wanted some insight on if I am competitive or not? Or should I just retest?

GPA: Bachelors in Business 3.44. Masters in Higher Education 4.0. Masters in Business (MBA) 3.59 (Graduate in August 2021)

Currently oversee a College residence hall of 550+ Students and supervise 32 student staff members and one graduate student.

I’d say your chances are about....

42%

aforrest

Got the official nod from my recruiter this morning. He said they were looking to fill a spot on the class that will report May 15th but I informed him that my run time for the PRT would not cut it if I was given 2 weeks to prepare so I declined the offer. Still glad to know I got selected though cause its been a long time coming :)
I also turned down the same offer from my recruiter this morning. I started this process almost ten months ago and while I am physically ready for OCS, two weeks is way too little time to mentally make the switch. I'm happy to know that someone else had the same thought process as me.

exNavyOffRec

Hey all,

Supply is one that looks at nearly the entire application, now of course that doesn't mean someone with the min GPA but great other items will get picked, but at least they might get more of a look than they would with SWO, where this is going is that I would think you would and should have a good shot at getting seen by the board and a better than average chance of getting picked up Supply.

If you decide to try for SWO you should have a fairly good shot for that as well.

NavyFanatic32

Supply is one that looks at nearly the entire application, now of course that doesn't mean someone with the min GPA but great other items will get picked, but at least they might get more of a look than they would with SWO, where this is going is that I would think you would and should have a good shot at getting seen by the board and a better than average chance of getting picked up Supply.

If you decide to try for SWO you should have a fairly good shot for that as well.
Thank you for the feedback. Any idea on the timeline for OAR waivers? Mine was submitted yesterday and my recruiters boss already approved it. He just said that it has to get a few more approvals. Board meets in June and wasn’t sure if it’ll get approved/denied in time.
If not I will def apply to the next SWO board.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the feedback. Any idea on the timeline for OAR waivers? Mine was submitted yesterday and my recruiters boss already approved it. He just said that it has to get a few more approvals. Board meets in June and wasn’t sure if it’ll get approved/denied in time.
If not I will def apply to the next SWO board.
Can't predict, just hope that it is in a timely manner.