• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

solovey

Why did you take a DLAB with no prior service? Were you on the December IWC board?
I was. When I first started looking, I was also considering Air Force and they had me take the DLAB. I didn’t realize it was weird till I told my recruiter I had taken it. But she figured it could only be helpful to include it.

Hi everyone I have been lurking here for a couple days.

Result: PROREC - Y
Board: SWO Only
Active Duty: 7 Years
Rate: DC1
OAR: 41
Degree / GPA: BS Criminal Justice - 2.66 / M.B.A - 3.33
IAS: 0-5/0-5/0-5 (All from SWO's)
LOR: 0-5/0-5/0-4/0-4/0-4 (Pilot, SWO Commanding Officer of a Ship, SWO, Psych Doctor, Supply Officer)
Ship Date: Probably September 6th

As you can see my scores were not the greatest but I networked and got all of my IAS from SWO Officer's and went above and beyond on the LOR. This was advice I got and seemed to work. I hope this information can help someone.

If you got selected see you in the Wardroom soon, if not 'Persistence' is key.
CONGRATS DC1, where you stationed? I was selected for SWO but I'm still waiting on the aviation results.

Acsantosus

it looks like the key here was having SWO as #1, damn missed opportunity. here's to the next one!
It’s hard to say really.... we felt the same way on the last board. But there was no real evidence to prove this assumption. I had SWO as my first and only choice and was selected in November but on this board and the last people were selected with it as number 2 even 3. The “whole person process” is hard to define but I think that’s what it really comes down to. Some say all they look at is OAR, GPA, personal statement, and waivers. Almost like a go/no go. There has to be more to it, I had a high GPA 3.98 but only had a 41 OAR. My personal statement was geared toward being a Naval Officer first and foremost, not toward a community. Additionally I had a very competitive package in many other ways. I believe the whole person process is really a thing and if you bank on one aspect of your package to carry you through, you are setting yourself up to fail. With that said there is a chance that one thing still could be what sets you apart.
Keep in mind I could be completely wrong about this whole thing.

HSalt

It's 0400 in Millington, still no word on my status. I've seen a few people rejected with higher scores than mine, but perhaps a package tailored to a different community.

Mine was SWO all the way.. hopefully today is the day!

AT2Pax

It's 0400 in Millington, still no word on my status. I've seen a few people rejected with higher scores than mine, but perhaps a package tailored to a different community.

Mine was SWO all the way.. hopefully today is the day!
Same story here. Nothing. I'm pretty confident I was not selected, however, I did see some people with lower stats than me selected. Here's to hoping my command is just as terrible at communication as everyone in the Navy is.

paltheon232

Same story here. Nothing. I'm pretty confident I was not selected, however, I did see some people with lower stats than me selected. Here's to hoping my command is just as terrible at communication as everyone in the Navy is.
My command has also not told me anything.... waiting on the CO to acknowledge my existence for better or worse. I can see it getting lost in the sauce easily though, especially with the zombie apocalypse in progress!