• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

Crown434

Hi everyone I have been lurking here for a couple days.

Result: PROREC - Y
Board: SWO Only
Active Duty: 7 Years
Rate: DC1
OAR: 41
Degree / GPA: BS Criminal Justice - 2.66 / M.B.A - 3.33
IAS: 0-5/0-5/0-5 (All from SWO's)
LOR: 0-5/0-5/0-4/0-4/0-4 (Pilot, SWO Commanding Officer of a Ship, SWO, Psych Doctor, Supply Officer)
Ship Date: Probably September 6th

As you can see my scores were not the greatest but I networked and got all of my IAS from SWO Officer's and went above and beyond on the LOR. This was advice I got and seemed to work. I hope this information can help someone.

If you got selected see you in the Wardroom soon, if not 'Persistence' is key.

exNavyOffRec

Hi everyone I have been lurking here for a couple days.

Result: PROREC - Y
Board: SWO Only
Active Duty: 7 Years
Rate: DC1
OAR: 41
Degree / GPA: BS Criminal Justice - 2.66 / M.B.A - 3.33
IAS: 0-5/0-5/0-5 (All from SWO's)
LOR: 0-5/0-5/0-4/0-4/0-4 (Pilot, SWO Commanding Officer of a Ship, SWO, Psych Doctor, Supply Officer)
Ship Date: Probably September 6th

As you can see my scores were not the greatest but I networked and got all of my IAS from SWO Officer's and went above and beyond on the LOR. This was advice I got and seemed to work. I hope this information can help someone.

If you got selected see you in the Wardroom soon, if not 'Persistence' is key.

When stats have been pulled before historically the best shot at being picked up is the 1st attempt if no changes are to be made to GPA or ASTB, now if a designator normally selects 50% then it drops down for a few boards to 25% it is worth trying again in hopes it goes back to normal selection rate. The board really doesn't care how often a person applies, they just care about who they see as best qualified.

exNavyOffRec

Similar to another applicant earlier who got a PROREC N, I’m wondering if you got passed over because you are up for the IWC board and have good scores so they thought you’d be picked up for that one. Who knows...

If they would ever do that it would be a disservice to the candidate, the SWO board isn't going to know what the IWC board is looking for, that is why they evaluate the application for their designator.

sldm992

would anyone know if having CAPM certification would be a benefit to a package? I'll be getting it in a few weeks so im curious if that could help me

n0rthstar

So I was encouraged to apply to another SWO board after I get my master's finished in May. Looking at the schedule posted a couple pages back, I don't see another board convene until August (sans the one here in April and a SWO-EDO board). Am I seeing this correctly?

NCCGT

OAR: 58
DLB:147
GPA 3.8 Foreign Language/area studies
No prior service and SWO was my second choice. My whole application was geared toward INTEL which I wasn’t selected for. ??‍♀️
Why did you take a DLAB with no prior service? Were you on the December IWC board?