• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

Mel345

it looks like the key here was having SWO as #1, damn missed opportunity. here's to the next one!
I had swo as number one. One and only...my scores matched those being selected, and I have no waivers. Explain that ?...who knows what they were looking for

Ashlin

Posting for my husband since he does not have an account on here. Just got his Pro Rec Y! July OCS date
OAR:49
GPA: 2.7 Computer Science

This was his second attempt after a Pro Rec N back in November. Only changes for this board were personal statement and a lower OAR score (he scored 50 the first time around). This makes me think they really took into consideration the fact that he was sticking to it and reapplied.

madelinebridge

Posting for my husband since he does not have an account on here. Just got his Pro Rec Y! July OCS date
OAR:49
GPA: 2.7 Computer Science

This was his second attempt after a Pro Rec N back in November. Only changes for this board were personal statement and a lower OAR score (he scored 50 the first time around). This makes me think they really took into consideration the fact that he was sticking to it and reapplied.
Congrats! Do you know his OCS date?

Tacticalhusky

I have been lurking the thread and finally got the text not too long ago- SELECTED FOR SWO - SEPT6

BS Geography - Geospatial Analysis (Dec 19')
GPA: 3.0
OAR: 56
Reference letters from former supervisor (civil engineer) and my geography department (chairperson)
I'm just popping on here to give you a cyber high-five for your degree. I majored in geography & GIS

Got a pro rec- no. It's all for the best since I got pregnant while my husband was home on leave from deployment. As luck would fuck me it looks like we conceived on the day I signed paperwork. Go figure. Well on the bright side I get to serve my first warrant today. At least that's some excitement.

jsd2

Received a prorec-no this morning.
OAR: 55
GPA: 3.7
23 years old, second time applying (prorec-no in Nov.) and only applied for SWO.
No waivers or glaring issues on my personal record, so a bit dazed and confused right now as to how it turned out. Guess that's just part of the process. I'll give thought to reapplying for the next Board, more likely to than not.
Well done and good luck to those accepted.

Griesyburger

Received a prorec-no this morning.
OAR: 55
GPA: 3.7
23 years old, second time applying (prorec-no in Nov.) and only applied for SWO.
No waivers or glaring issues on my personal record, so a bit dazed and confused right now as to how it turned out. Guess that's just part of the process. I'll give thought to reapplying for the next Board, more likely to than not.
Well done and good luck to those accepted.
What the hell? There has to be something going on in your application that turned them off. What was your major? Any legal issues? LoR's? Also, what does your motivational statement look like?

jsd2

What the hell? There has to be something going on in your application that turned them off. What was your major? Any legal issues? LoR's? Also, what does your motivational statement look like?
Majored in public affairs, no legal issues, and LoRs from a current SWO and a few former White House officials. Motivational statement is along the lines of those listed on the Navy website, emphasizing past leadership experiences and a desire to grow professionally and contribute as a SWO. Maybe it's the motivational statement, that's all I'm thinking it might be