• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
Bupers updated. PRO REC- N.
Applied back in November received PRO REC-N. SWO Only.
OAR and AGE waiver. Tested all 3xs for OAR.
All 10s Appraisals from O6 SWOs. EP evals.
3.425 Graduate GPA.
Not sure how else to improve my package from what's been improved already.
E-7 results will be out in July. Perhaps I'll be a great ITC. Congratulations to y'all that made it. Try again for those that did not. Not sure if I'll apply again. Tired.

Last edited:

Griesyburger

Majored in public affairs, no legal issues, and LoRs from a current SWO and a few former White House officials. Motivational statement is along the lines of those listed on the Navy website, emphasizing past leadership experiences and a desire to grow professionally and contribute as a SWO. Maybe it's the motivational statement, that's all I'm thinking it might be
I guess my only other advice is to have more personalized LoRs from people who have known you well for many years and can truly attest to your abilities. Best of luck

jlee199

Why not apply again?
actually you're right, im going to reapply for the 19 march board. I submitted my transcripts before my winter semester was done so my GPA actually went up almost by .1 after I submitted my package. hopefully that constitutes a big enough change for resubmitting. Anyone know if changing personal statement also counts as a significant change?

Acsantosus

actually you're right, im going to reapply for the 19 march board. I submitted my transcripts before my winter semester was done so my GPA actually went up almost by .1 after I submitted my package. hopefully that constitutes a big enough change for resubmitting. Anyone know if changing personal statement also counts as a significant change?
I would rewrite it. Can you show any new leadership?

EmmaG

I feel like I’m the only who still hasn’t gotten an answer yet. At this point I’d even take a prorec N and know where I have to regroup so I can try again. I reached out to my recruiter on Wednesday and have gotten crickets.

Jbyrne89

I would try but I’m afraid I would get a lower score. It’s been awhile since I’ve done any math or physics related studying and the application is due in 19 days

Yeah - I agree with this. Maybe getting another LOR would help? I will say when I took the OAR my second time I dropped ten points. Then literally got a tutor and didn’t even get my old score back the third time I took it. I’m insanely lucky I got through.

Mel345

Yeah - I agree with this. Maybe getting another LOR would help? I will say when I took the OAR my second time I dropped ten points. Then literally got a tutor and didn’t even get my old score back the third time I took it. I’m insanely lucky I got through.
ive thought about retaking it. I was so out of it because i was sleeping straight for two days before...no eating, and taking nyquil/dayquil. I remember staring at the screen and not even being able to read through the sentences. Even im scared to retake it but i find it hard to believe i would do worse with the state i was in