• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

prttyphoenix

my recruiters going to meet me to give me my packet and ill retake the OAR and submit when i get some evals. Its all good
We all travel different paths....Applying while enlisted is different process. Please do not wait too long though. There is no specif rank you need to reach to apply for OCS....If you have question please PM me.

jlee199

I’ve seen about 20 pre rec y’s which means there’s 75 slots left but there has to be way more people not on air warriors that got a pro rec y so I’m guessing there’s maybe 25-30 pro rec y’s left to give out

Attachments

• 9265A068-108F-4619-8361-F38D8B9B61B0.jpeg
    9265A068-108F-4619-8361-F38D8B9B61B0.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 4

Margoose

I must say that I did not qualify for to be one of the 99 selected. Although I am ecstatic for everyone, it does put a lot of questions in questioning our own merit. Please don’t feel discouraged but let me feed you with this quote.

“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run” - Babe Ruth

This would serve as my third attempt in applying for the boards (2x in pilot, 1x in SWO). I will continue my search in achieving my desire to become an officer somehow. OR offered to potentially give enlisted a try but I am hesitant. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Do you want to go enlisted or do you want to be an officer? There are many variables in how long you may need to wait, it could be 6 months, it could be 2 years, or longer........

I would retake the ASTB to increase your OAR.
I have never took the Astb. I made a 49 on the OAR which is average so I’m sure I would do alright on it. At this point I just want to do something, and I’m definitely not going back to school... I got a physics bs and a minor in math so I’m not sure what enlisted jobs I would be interested/able to do