• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Any advice on including or not including an NJP from 6+ years ago?

Thanks
Chief
Hey brother,
Application states “any failure to report any such incident may be grounds for withdrawal of offer or acceptance” list the NJP and on page 8 where is says personal statements continued address the incident and how you have grown from it.

Fitzou

Hey brother,
Application states “any failure to report any such incident may be grounds for withdrawal of offer or acceptance” list the NJP and on page 8 where is says personal statements continued address the incident and how you have grown from it.

Thanks for the info, curious to the mindset some Officers have on the contrary.

I guess the question is more geared towards if it should be addressed in the write up. I've spoken to multiple Officers and have been given a variety of responses.
you know if you ask 20 Officers you will get 20 different opinions, I was told that your personal statement is the only opportunity you get to talk to the board, if you were sitting on a board reviewing packages to pick the best of the best what would you want to know about a potential candidate? What were you going through when that incident happened? Was it a tough time in your life? How did you bounce back?
just my two cents

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just wanted to circle back to this question about finsels

It’ll be misleading to tell you that you’re 100% going to get a FINSEL when you might have something that impacts that (legal, drug issues that arise for example).

If your recruiter says you’re GTG, I would accept that from a credible source.

Also, I’ve never seen an applicant PROREC’d and out of the blue does not get a FINSEL - which I feel you’re most worried about.

ANAC

Stupid question for the week. For my prior enlisted members who have arrived to OCS with four or more large medals. I’m prior enlisted, now E5 SELRES. In my eight years Ive never worn my large medals, and do not have a mounted rack (only have mounted ribbons). Currently en route for OCS 01MAR. Will I be able to prepare a mounted rack of large medals that over lap (four lg medals and pistol ribbon) at OCS. I dont have a clue how to over lap them my self and never been taught or shown how, or the time to get them professionally prepared before my departure.

swmonroe88

pilot
Stupid question for the week. For my prior enlisted members who have arrived to OCS with four or more large medals. I’m prior enlisted, now E5 SELRES. In my eight years Ive never worn my large medals, and do not have a mounted rack (only have mounted ribbons). Currently en route for OCS 01MAR. Will I be able to prepare a mounted rack of large medals that over lap (four lg medals and pistol ribbon) at OCS. I dont have a clue how to over lap them my self and never been taught or shown how, or the time to get them professionally prepared before my departure.

I got a new rack (large medals and ribbons) made at ultrathin.com . Relatively quick turnaround, cheaper than I found anywhere else, and they came out looking really good.

AROBLES93

Underdog
You should definitely just order them online. Looks much cleaner! Knock that out tonight so you will receive them before leaving
Good job thinking ahead though

ANAC

Thanks for the help. ill try my trusty hand first this week (try to save $$$). if it doesn't turn out squared away, ill purchase one online and have my family members ship it out to me. I have a feeling I won't be wearing them anytime in the first month or two.

HSalt

Thanks for the help. ill try my trusty hand first this week (try to save $$$). if it doesn't turn out squared away, ill purchase one online and have my family members ship it out to me. I have a feeling I won't be wearing them anytime in the first month or two.

I've heard of priors showing up with just their NDS medal. I'm not sure how that plays out with the RDCs, but given the fact that my own admin doesn't seem to know what awards I should have, I kind of doubt the RDCs would be NDAWS stalking all the priors.

wcisel77

I've heard of priors showing up with just their NDS medal. I'm not sure how that plays out with the RDCs, but given the fact that my own admin doesn't seem to know what awards I should have, I kind of doubt the RDCs would be NDAWS stalking all the priors.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty positive the checklist for prior duty requires you to bring proof of all your awards. I wouldn't want to start off on the wrong foot and assume they wouldn't know...or could find out.