• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

stew47

Over half the class failed inspection.....Does that usually happen or was the class just not working as one when preparing?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Over half the class failed inspection.....Does that usually happen or was the class just not working as one when preparing?

that would be a very weak class....
I was lucky to have a bunch of priors in mine.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor

It is hit or miss. While I was there it seemed that at least 20% or so will fail the initial inspection. The re-inspect is two days later (initial on Thursday, re-inspect on Saturday). Generally speaking somewhere between 5 and 10 people fail the initial and the re-inspect, which means they roll back one class.

It's all part of the suck.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

I was in a class that failed like 10-15 people (out of 50), and only 2 rolled (myself included) after a second failure. The next class I was in, I passed RLP but like 36 out of 55 failed. Only 29 remained after the reinspect. It really depends. I think there were extenuating circumstances around the numbers in the second class I was in, but that's another story.

Good story from my first failure, when I accidentally left inserts in my black shoes:

inspecting Gunny: "Holy shit! You have gel inserts!? Look at this! (shows to other DI) Are you gellin' candidate? Are you gellin like a felon?! Go tell your drill instructor you're gellin!"

bogey: "Aye, sir!"

bogey_spotter walks into p-way and approaches his gunny

bogey_spotter: "Sir, this--"

Gunny: "get away from me right now!"

:D

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
The DIs can roll you just for looking red in the face?
Sort of. She was ready to pass out so she had to stop. They'll scream and yell at her, but really it was for her own safety. Since everyone else was fine they knew it was just her. All the DI's (especially Gunny C.) up there had safety first on their minds.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

My face is reddish to begin with, and any sort of half-strenuous workout turns my face into the color of an apple. It's just the way my complexion is. I've never had heatstroke, and the only time I came close to passing out during a workout is when I decided to do deadlifts with a fever (not a good idea).

yeah, not having an item is a big no-no.
The look of fear on that candidate's face in that pic when the voiceover is running is priceless.

utak

RLP blowz hard. I never want to relive that experience.

It really sucks, and it's real subjective too. It's the DI's way of weeding out anyone they don't think can hack it as an officer in the Navy. So if you get over a hundred hits and get a negative score (which has happened to a poor candidate when I was there), you just suck.

Cams1215

yeah, a pair of pants seems like one of those things that would be hard to skip over... i have no idea the amount of stress with RLP (I will soon enough though), but pants are a pretty big item to just lose or misplace....

and how do they give you 100 hits? what happened to him in the make-up RLP or whatever its called? Did he fail again, roll to H and DOR? wow... i cant even fathom that....

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Let me clue some of you guys into something here...You would think an inspection like RLP is all about objectivity. In otherwords, there are standards for everything, no lint, no IP's, shirts 6"x6" etc...

In reality though, they are completely subjective. Sure, the DI's are going to use those criteria to club you with (WHAAAT! YOU'VE GOT NO GODDANG ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!!!) etc...But here is the key. NOTHING IS EVER PERFECT!!! Your shit will NEVER be right. You can get 100 hits, because the DI's WANT to give you 100 hits. They want to give you 100 hits because they are trying to send you a message.​