• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Is it just me, or are they not getting yelled at enough? I'd heard from a friend that OCS was softer up there... and I think I can tell a difference. The only time I wasn't yelled at was @ NOMI and gear issue.

BigRed389

None
Is it just me, or are they not getting yelled at enough? I'd heard from a friend that OCS was softer up there... and I think I can tell a difference. The only time I wasn't yelled at was @ NOMI and gear issue.

There's always Sundays aka Krispy Kreme Days(at least in Pcola)...pretty much the one day you're more or less left alone.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor

The "candios" for the first 9 weeks the program was in Newport were actually Ensigns from A-pool, some of who had gone through OCS in P-cola. They seemed to agree with this assessment that OCS was softer in Newport.

However, I also seemed to think that when I was a candio the indoc classes had it a lot easier than I did, so either the program got softer while I was going through it, or going through indoc week yourself seems more difficult than when you're helping to put the class through it. Plus, the CDI from Pcola made the move to Newport along with a few of the Pcola DIs, so I don't think it could be too much easier.

Also, the "candios" that were actually commissioned officers could get away with a lot more than we could as candios. They could toss your gear, swear at you, and pretty much do anything except "abuse" or RPT you.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Wise words, PSW.
I sure hope folks in the VT's aren't reading this crap about their potential students. It might make them disgusted.

But maybe it's because they are fiesty.

rugby mike

I kept waiting for the inevitable GySgt Center quote: "Make my diamonds right now"

cool site, I remember those guys following that class around and wondering what it was for.

That was a certain Class Chief who always talked about his diamonds. GySgt Center just side stradle hopped us to death.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
There's always Sundays aka Krispy Kreme Days(at least in Pcola)...pretty much the one day you're more or less left alone.

Ya sundays rocked. Also the breakfast sponsored by the base church/community center. Saw one kid's blog about Newport RI, where the candidates took part in a passover seder. What a RAW deal! The candidates are already suffering enough. Why the hell would you make candidates eat Matzah?

I could have cared less about denomination. I loved church because church = donuts.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
They should of shown what happened after their inspection. 'Twas epic. :D