• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Ah, reminds me when I was on watch and some poor candidate sees the reporter and goes, "how's it going, man?" Epic.

Wow. I would pay to see the level of "slay" that candidate saw. :D

Good find Tiz. I remember seeing a similar series on Marine OCS and was wondering when the Navy would let them do one. Very interesting to see what changes and what stays the same with the move.

el douge

This one time at band camp...
Good Find. Gives a guy like me something to experience visually before I actually get there.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
heyjoe said:
Including the part about spending $90 to get your hair done! :eek:
Those poor females always had it worse. OCS is much harder for them without even considering cutting their hair (which they are in love with) off.

Kycntryboy

pilot
It sounded like in the "under the guns" recording that they let the SNA studs get brown shoes for OCS, I can't imagine thats right though...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I personally think OCS was better knowing less.

"Shock and Awe" was a good description for the 1st week or so.

Well maybe so. I read that OCS journal (Bryan Weatherup??) multiple times and thought I had a good idea of what to expect. I was WRONG.

This series certainly provides a LOT more insight than a journal, but I still think there is plenty of suck at OCS to go around... there is still nothing you can do to make OCS "easier".

It's like watching youtube videos of dudes getting kicked in the nuts in preparation to get kicked in the nuts....

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Nice outside look at OCS. Some of that stuff is cooler not knowing what's coming, like after black Saturday getting a nice welcome aboard. But then again there's the anticipation of Wakeup Wednesday, not sure how its going to go. Either way, its cool to look back on, and nice to be done with.

schwarti

Contributor
I didn't know you had to pay for the haircuts... sounds awesome. You have to get it, they cut you up doing it, and you get to pay for it! Hilarious. :D

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Nice outside look at OCS. Some of that stuff is cooler not knowing what's coming, like after black Saturday getting a nice welcome aboard. But then again there's the anticipation of Wakeup Wednesday, not sure how its going to go. Either way, its cool to look back on, and nice to be done with.

That was nice. Even roll backs into our class refused to tell us what was coming. It definitely made it worth it in the end.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
CAMike said:
Gunnery Sgt Goforth
Gunny Goforth and Gunny Campos.....Shit and Piss as they liked to call themselves.

Gunny Goforth: "What's my name Candidate?"
Candidate: "Gunnery Sargent Goforth, United States Marine Corps Sir!"
Gunny: "No it's Shit"
Candidate: "Yes Sir!"
Gunny: "So what's my name?
Candidate": "Shit Sir!"
Gunny: "WHAT? Are you calling me a TURD? On your face - move!"
Candidate (as he starts doing push-ups): "Aye, aye Sir!"
Gunny Campos: "So Candidate, what's MY name?"......

Tag team from hell and they enjoyed it thoroughly.

AOCS Class 14-83 gave Gunny Goforth a framed picture of a big turd floating in a toilet bowl as their present to him at their commissioning party at the AOC Club a couple of days before commissioning. I think he actually teared up when he saw it. He carried it around and bragged about it like it was his first born.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
AOCS Class 14-83 gave Gunny Goforth a framed picture of the big turd floating in a toilet bowl as their present to him at their commissioning party at the AOC Club a couple of days before commissioning. I think he actually teared up when he saw it. He carried it around and bragged about it like it was his first born.

I always thought some Marines were a little 'bent'. ;)