• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

allegroreyees

Student Naval Aviator
That’s an improvement. When I was in student pool in April 2021, you could take leave - but then you’d have to spend 14 days locked in a room by yourself in Nimitz when you got back.
They used rapid tests on everyone coming back from holiday leave back in January and the ones who popped positive were ROM'd. They didn't require a ROM for people taking regular leave as long as you were vaccinated. I'm not sure if people who did not have the vaccine had to ROM or not. There were rumblings about requesting limited off-base liberty after the change of command in March.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
They used rapid tests on everyone coming back from holiday leave back in January and the ones who popped positive were ROM'd. They didn't require a ROM for people taking regular leave as long as you were vaccinated. I'm not sure if people who did not have the vaccine had to ROM or not. There were rumblings about requesting limited off-base liberty after the change of command in March.
Yeah, at the time the vaccine was not available to us. I filled out at least 3 forms indicating interest but ultimately got mine from a CVS in Pensacola.

allegroreyees

Student Naval Aviator
Yeah, at the time the vaccine was not available to us. I filled out at least 3 forms indicating interest but ultimately got mine from a CVS in Pensacola.
It became widely available towards my later phases of OCS. I went ahead and got it before I checked in. They were administering the boosters a few weeks before I left OTCN.

u73829

Good morning all. I was able to successfully finish my Part I flight physical and when I went in for my Part II, was told since i was diagnosed with "mild sleep apnea" in 2019 i needed to go in to sleep study for a re-evaluation to make sure it was under control so the flight doc could submit a waiver. I went to sleep study and completed a "wakefulness" test and was told I should be good to go, no issues and sleep apnea is under control. When I went in for my Part II physical, I was told that if I have sleep apnea, it is an automatic disqualification for applicants and a waiver will not be accepted (according to the NAMI instruction). Has anyone been able to get a way around this or is this the end for my SNO/SNFO application process?
I went through OCS last year with many SNO/SNFO applicants who were disqual'd for far less. You should consider other options now. Once you get to OCS, if you get disqualified, you'll likely end up in student pool for x amount of time.

Yokason

Howdy all, question:

Are retired veteran family members allowed to wear service uniforms to graduation?

My grandfather was an Air Force pilot in Vietnam, and he might be able to attend my graduation. I want to know if he can wear his old uniform, be it his dress uniform or flight suit or whatever he may still have that fits. To my understanding, veterans may wear appropriate uniforms to ceremonies, but I wanted to check and see if someone knows where I can find the black-and-white about OCS Graduation. I've searched for a bit now and can't find anything specific - perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?

tcham28

None
Howdy all, question:

Are retired veteran family members allowed to wear service uniforms to graduation?

My grandfather was an Air Force pilot in Vietnam, and he might be able to attend my graduation. I want to know if he can wear his old uniform, be it his dress uniform or flight suit or whatever he may still have that fits. To my understanding, veterans may wear appropriate uniforms to ceremonies, but I wanted to check and see if someone knows where I can find the black-and-white about OCS Graduation. I've searched for a bit now and can't find anything specific - perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?
Yes he can wear a dress uniform.

allegroreyees

Student Naval Aviator
No such thing as dumb questions but this one might qualify lol. Training at OCS is 7 days a week for all 13 weeks right?
Short answer, yes. For the most part, the staff except for the CDO aren't around after dinner chow. You'll still be expected to study, shine boots, prep uniforms, etc. Some RDCs that stand the CDO watch love to roam the halls late in the evening though so don't relax too much. With that said, Candi-Os used to have off-base liberty on the weekends but that was secured due to COVID. As many COVID procedures are being rolled back and a new CO starting at OTCN next month, who knows how long that'll be the case.